Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seriously...

Default Seriously...

...how much is the CUlt paying Garrett Riley?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    I don't know but they need to extend his and Dabozo's contract.
    They both certainly get the most out of these top ranked recruiting classes.
    Oh, and give Dabozo's son and Boulware a raise too
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-31-2024 at 03:58 PM.

From what I’ve seen so far no angst direct d at Riley is valid. He’s an air raid guy. He’s not allowed to run the offense he knows and the games I’ve seen (didn’t watch today) he hasn’t been allowed to call plays.

I would say he’s in the portal before deer season closes.

$2M too much. Clemson sucks. The QB, WRs, and OC are complete trash. Dabo is getting left behind. If he doesn’t use the portal and start buying players, Clemson won’t compete with the big boys again. I suppose we will just have to be satisfied beating up little brother in Columbia.
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    From what I’ve seen so far no angst direct d at Riley is valid. He’s an air raid guy. He’s not allowed to run the offense he knows and the games I’ve seen (didn’t watch today) he hasn’t been allowed to call plays.

I would say he’s in the portal before deer season closes.
    Hasn’t been calling the plays? What do you have to back that up?
    Carolina Counsel

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    $2M too much. Clemson sucks. The QB, WRs, and OC are complete trash. Dabo is getting left behind. If he doesn’t use the portal and start buying players, Clemson won’t compete with the big boys again. I suppose we will just have to be satisfied beating up little brother in Columbia.
    Riley got to the national championship game with less talent than clemson has so I don't think it's the players. I don't really care for Dabo but I give him credit for sticking to what he believes in.

Same issues on offense as before Riley came to town. Dabo is micromanaging the offense and it shows. He needs to let his coordinators do the jobs he hired them to do.
    For the ducks

I would trade Loggains for Riley.

Sent from my motorola edge 2024 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-31-2024 at 07:33 PM.

I'd trade Ray Tanner for a used spit bottle...

Riley, so far, is a bust. Hope he proves me dead wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post
    Hasn’t been calling the plays? What do you have to back that up?
    maybe the fact that Dabo holds the Waffle House menu and is staring at it and speaking into his headset at every down?

Crazy talk. That’s a decoy because Michigan stole signs.

Any truth to the rumor that Dabo doesn’t like the communication with one player rule so he refuse to allow it on his team?

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post

What hell can we say , I mean DAMN i thought he was some kind of offensive guru but not sure if it is lack of talent or his game plan is being over ridden

Honestly looks just like same type of calls former OC made

But end of day Tigers hung close for 1st half and knew that the mistakes on big plays that brought them back was going to bite us in ass with UGA

Part that really puzzles me is Tigers seem to not have big play making ability anymore , I mean none at all . Heck at this point not sure we should not start running the Wing T

But with that said the NIL is making a difference in college football , kids we were getting now going for where they get most money (and I can not blame them ). Going to be more of the few top programs that have boosters willing to drop the big money compared to those that do not .

My guess if we went back 10 yrs with NIL in place most of the top talent we recruited would not have come to Clemson , just being honest
    Last edited by tprice; 09-01-2024 at 08:30 AM.

What was with Coach Smart saying that they just don't see Clemson on the recruiting trail like they used to? Georgia not recruiting little white kids from Daniel, or Clemson not chasing the tier 1 kids they used to haul in?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    What was with Coach Smart saying that they just don't see Clemson on the recruiting trail like they used to? Georgia not recruiting little white kids from Daniel, or Clemson not chasing the tier 1 kids they used to haul in?

The still get cream of crop from Daniel , some times that is great some mediocre but that is true everywhere

No Tigers not picking up the “Tier 1 kids” in droves like they were before NIL.

Amigos this is going to be the new face of college football whether we like it or not

Transfer portal, well to me I can understand Dabo’s thought process. No loyalty and they left for a reason, probably due to someone being better than them and no playing time . In fact we all are aware is that was reason Saban decided it was time to walk away and honestly would not surprise me to see Dabo make that decision based on that in next few years

Just saying, wait till D1 football stands start looking like NASCAR stands and it will be too late once fans hang it up
    Last edited by tprice; 09-01-2024 at 09:05 AM.

I get where Dabo is coming from. Watch the 3 or 4 impact kids Carolina has after this abortion of a season. Why stay and get paid to lose when you can portal and get paid to win?

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    But with that said the NIL is making a difference in college football , kids we were getting now going for where they get most money (and I can not blame them ). Going to be more of the few top programs that have boosters willing to drop the big money compared to those that do not .

My guess if we went back 10 yrs with NIL in place most of the top talent we recruited would not have come to Clemson , just being honest
    I disagree, Dabozo is running top tier recruiting classes out on the field for the past forever. His recruiting classes are better than everyone on your schedule every year,
    except maybe yesterday. The NIL and transfer excuse is right outta the Climp5in fan rule book

Honestly looks just like same type of calls former OC made
    What’s the common denominator?

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    I disagree, Dabozo is running top tier recruiting classes out on the field for the past forever. His recruiting classes are better than everyone on your schedule every year,
    except maybe yesterday. The NIL and transfer excuse is right outta the Climp5in fan rule book

Brother you in a dream world if you think NIL is not influencing where these kids end up going. One of Dabo’s first statements to recruits is “if you coming here for NIL you at the wrong place “

DJU was before NIL and just was apparently a bust from everything we have seen

OSU dropped something like $20 million this year on their roster, up from $13 million previous year

So many of these kids come from lower economic situations and all they gonna look for is HOW MUCH , not complaining just stating the facts.

I do not have a clear understanding of NIL but my guess just like professional sports. Large market schools have more to offer for NIL opportunities than smaller markets

Is what it is and not going away

Brother you in a dream world if you think NIL is not influencing where these kids end up going. One of Dabo’s first statements to recruits is “if you coming here for NIL you at the wrong place “

DJU was before NIL and just was apparently a bust from everything we have seen

OSU dropped something like $20 million this year on their roster, up from $13 million previous year

So many of these kids come from lower economic situations and all they gonna look for is HOW MUCH , not complaining just stating the facts.

I do not have a clear understanding of NIL but my guess just like professional sports. Large market schools have more to offer for NIL opportunities than smaller markets

Is what it is and not going away
    Actually DJ was one of the first players to sign an nil deal with Dr. Pepper as a sophomore