Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tacoma Hunting Truck Project

I have a '91 xtr cab with a V6. 5 speed. I am in the same boat as you. I want to get it running, window gaskets replaced, new LED headlights. Really thinking about a 3" lift with new rims and tires. Looking forward to seeing your progress

I put a new motor in a 96 that sat for 4 years back in Jan. Had between 1/2 and 3/4 tank of fuel in it. I put a new filter in with the motor and have not had any issues so far.

There's one almost just like that for sale in Greenville. Don't know any particulars on it. Have just noticed it the last month or two it's been out there.

I bet it fires right up.

Default Tacoma Hunting Truck Project

I bought a 4.0L jeep Cherokee back in 2020 that hadn’t ran in 13 years (bought for parts). Hooked an external fuel line to the rail and that joker started right up. That yota will do the same.

Check the oil, if it looks black and anywhere in the normal range that’s good. Gray milkshake or sludgy is bad and if over full I’d make sure there’s no coolant leaking in from a bad head gasket, etc. You can turn the engine over by hand with a socket on the crankshaft 2 full revolutions (4 stroke engine) if you want to. Make sure you are turning the bolt rightey-tightey.

Otherwise send it.

Edit: if you aren’t getting spark, change the distributor cap and rotor, the contacts can corrode from sitting. Anything else sounds like a trip Krt’s
    Last edited by Gone South; 08-31-2024 at 04:18 PM.