Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Well hell...

At one point the dog was trying to bite him. If one of mine did that I'd expect the same results. Piss on a dog that wants to bite somebody. Been bit 2 times and don't care to be bit again. Me or the dog has to go. Prefer it be the dog.

The owner/lady knew dog would bite.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenHeadRocker View Post
    At one point the dog was trying to bite him. If one of mine did that I'd expect the same results. Piss on a dog that wants to bite somebody. Been bit 2 times and don't care to be bit again. Me or the dog has to go. Prefer it be the dog.
    I agree. If your dog bites me (or my dog bites you) out of aggression, I am dealing with it. There's a difference in a dog being startled and reacting and one that comes at you aggressively. I too have been bit several times and it ain't fun.
    Last edited by thunderchicken; 08-28-2024 at 03:01 PM.

A lot of blame placed on the guy getting bit instead of the owner.

I hate it for the kids. Also hate that I watched the video. But mostly the kids.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I see it from both sides ... I definitely think the cop should have handled it in another way, kick the shit out of, pepper spray, something along those lines. If the dog attacks that easy without a command it probably shouldn't be running around unfenced.

One thing is 100% for certain ... (most) women yell and scream and make any situation 10x worse.

The move there is pick his ass up by the collar and beat him against a tree...

Yeah I’m with Jab. If I had a gun I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t shoot that dog with the kids out there. If I’m knocked to the ground and he’s coming at my face vs biting my leg maybe different. I got bit by neighbors Malinois a year ago as walked by him on sidewalk. I could tell guy was trying to control dog at heel as we approached. I put wife on opposite side of me, me closest to the owner. We stepped off the sidewalk as approached to give more room and kept walking. As we passed and acknowledged each other, just as I took my eyes off the dog, he shot across in front of his owner and hit my thigh. Owner went berserk on the dog. For all the bad ass concealed carriers out there, should I shoot the dog while owner stands there with it on a leash? I swear some of y’all need to catch a knee and stay off the special forces websites. Now, if it bit my wife, owner couldn’t get control of dog and attack continued, on my wife, different story.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

World class trainer Bruce Jackson taught me how to handle a biter. Pick him off the ground by his collar. The dog immediately quits worrying about biting you and starts worrying about gravity. Dunk his ass in the flea treatment barrel until the bubbles stop coming up. Dog biting problem solved. If the owners would have employed any tactics at all, this wouldn't be a thing...

Bad situation all around and I'm not saying he should of shot it but I doubt that's the first time the dog has gone after someone. There is no reason to have a dog like that out, if you don't have it under control. What if it was a kid instead of a cop? If it had been a pit, everyone would be calling it a good shoot.
    Last edited by 3 1/2" MAGUM; 08-28-2024 at 08:33 PM.

I got my ass chomped a month ago by a Chessie. I dog cussed the dog once I got clear of him. I didn’t really think about killing him. Still haven’t. If My dog bit someone I would think harder about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    Yeah I’m with Jab. If I had a gun I’m pretty sure I wouldn’t shoot that dog with the kids out there. If I’m knocked to the ground and he’s coming at my face vs biting my leg maybe different. I got bit by neighbors Malinois a year ago as walked by him on sidewalk. I could tell guy was trying to control dog at heel as we approached. I put wife on opposite side of me, me closest to the owner. We stepped off the sidewalk as approached to give more room and kept walking. As we passed and acknowledged each other, just as I took my eyes off the dog, he shot across in front of his owner and hit my thigh. Owner went berserk on the dog. For all the bad ass concealed carriers out there, should I shoot the dog while owner stands there with it on a leash? I swear some of y’all need to catch a knee and stay off the special forces websites. Now, if it bit my wife, owner couldn’t get control of dog and attack continued, on my wife, different story.
    Good job. Maybe next time it’ll be a young kid it latches onto.

According to the story, two kids were riding their bikes and dog was with them unleashed. Cop asked kids to put him on leash. He then sees the mother and stops and is trying to tell her why he was talking to the kids.

A dog that is aggressive should be dealt with like any other nuisance animal and put down. Some of yall seem to forget that dogs are just like any other wild animal. Don’t have double standards. The same people that wouldn’t shoot an aggressive dog will gladly shoot a hog just because it’s eating their deer corn.

This thread is just a few posts away from shifting the topic to toxic masculinity.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    Good job. Maybe next time it’ll be a young kid it latches onto.
    You’re right. I should have shot it right there on its 6 foot leash then kicked the owner in the nuts as a reminder. I didn’t say I was happy about it. But thanks for the badassery reminder.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by jwmetz View Post
    According to the story, two kids were riding their bikes and dog was with them unleashed. Cop asked kids to put him on leash. He then sees the mother and stops and is trying to tell her why he was talking to the kids.
    Kids were probably scared and the dog picked up on that. That is why the dog charged.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    You’re right. I should have shot it right there on its 6 foot leash then kicked the owner in the nuts as a reminder. I didn’t say I was happy about it. But thanks for the badassery reminder.
    At least you know how to handle it next time.

I mean honestly your comparison was crap. No one here was saying to shoot a leashed dog. The dog in the video was not leashed either. So I gave you a sarcastic response since you wanted to share your bad ass story and call anyone who disagreed a badass concealed carrier.