Thread: Weatherguard vs CamLocker

Default Weatherguard vs CamLocker

Always had Weatherguard boxes and they’ve been solid for me. Every once in a while I have to adjust locks or replace the lift shocks.

How do the Camlocker boxes compare quality wise. Prices seem pretty much equal.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

I’ve had multiple camlockers. Great quality. Still have three. Besides some minor adjustments here and there, no problems whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

I have had both over the years. There’s nothing wrong with the cam lockers however, I believe the weather guard is a step above in the strength of the aluminum.
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by BugBuster View Post
    I have had both over the years. There’s nothing wrong with the cam lockers however, I believe the weather guard is a step above in the strength of the aluminum.
    Same give me the weatherguard.

Never had Weatherguard but no issues with my Camlocker.

I have had 3 CamLockers- get the job done

Weatherguard is what I always had on Personal trucks and all of my work trucks. Until I switched over to using nothing but service bodies and Knaack tool chests. That was a game changer.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Steelin' Ducks is the KRT of suppressors and such.

I’m still in shock at these things cost now.

My apologies, I’ll go be poor somewhere else.

Decked box is light years ahead, and for what they cost now, the cost isn’t even a factor for what you’re getting
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    I’m still in shock at these things cost now.

My apologies, I’ll go be poor somewhere else.
    Truth. They are pricey. I have only ever bought two new (side boxes). You can often find pretty good deals on used ones on FB marketplace...
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Me and you do the same thing, I'm running new Weather Guards. You wont get a sheet in between them, add a headache rack or go under in the bed. Ive been running these boxes for years.

The new box does not come with the level clip< but you can key them yourself.

Tractor Supply had the low profile matte black WG for $300 cheaper than anywhere else, snagged one of those. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Weather Guard is the only box my stuff didn't get wet in. Been using them for 25 years

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    Tractor Supply had the low profile matte black WG for $300 cheaper than anywhere else, snagged one of those. If it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
    I found the same deal back in December. Was it at the store in Georgetown?

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Decked box is light years ahead, and for what they cost now, the cost isn’t even a factor for what you’re getting
    What sets it apart? It's certainly not the looks.

I do like the camlockers for the rail on top. If bed is too full can throw a cooler up there and strap it down and it’s not going anywhere. Wish weatherguard had that option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    I found the same deal back in December. Was it at the store in Georgetown?
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by jcoker View Post
    What sets it apart? It's certainly not the looks.
    I'm not sure if Feets got his cause he saw mine, but I also have the Decked system. The pull out drawers are a gamechanger. I think it is way easier to keep organized and easier to get to all your stuff instead of climbing into the back and digging through the box. You just pull out the drawer and everything is right there. Now you definitely lose some depth in your bed with it so things ride higher and lifting stuff into the back(deer and other things) can be tougher.