Thread: Grass ID

Default Grass ID

Any guesses?

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Barnyard grass

That's not barnyard grass but I'm not positive what it is in the first pic and the three on the left of the second pic.
    The far right of the second pic is Walter's millet.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    That's not barnyard grass but I'm not positive what it is in the first pic and the three on the left of the second pic.
    This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    I'm thinking the ones on the first picture and on left side of the second picture are Dallis grass or Thin paspalum aka bull grass. The seed heads haven't matured yet.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 08-19-2024 at 11:01 PM.

I also agree with Cali on the millet on the far right. 90% sure the 3 on the left are Dallisgrass. Pain in the ass, it is....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

The other three are what you call paspalum spp.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 08-20-2024 at 01:24 PM.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I rember thinking that Dallisgrass was "dragonfly food" when I was a little guy. I thought this because I would always see dragonflys lighting on the stalks and work their jaws back and forth as if they were eating. Sometimes I wish I was that ignorant again. Simpler times.