Thread: Turkeys

Default Turkeys

Try that in Newberry...

More than 200 turkeys killed after teens drive ATVs inside Sumter County coop, deputies say

Officials said three teenagers admitted to driving ATVs on a man’s property in Sumter County, damaging his crops and causing more than 200 turkeys to die.

By Mayra Parrilla Guerrero
    Aug. 11, 2024

SUMTER COUNTY, S.C. (WIS) - More than 200 turkeys were killed after deputies say three teenagers drove ATVs inside their coop, according to the Sumter County Sheriff’s Office (SCSO).

Deputies went to a residence in east Sumter County on Monday for a civil dispute call.

The land owner told a deputy he asked the teens to leave the property before he found the doors to a turkey house open and ATV and motorcycle tracks inside along with more than 200 dead turkeys, a press release from SCSO said.

SCSO added the turkeys “appeared to have trampled one another out of fear” and deputies also found crops allegedly damaged by the teens.

The teens were read their Miranda rights and will be petitioned to family court where any potential charges and penalties will be determined, according to SCSO.

https://www.live5news.com/2024/08/11...r-county-coop/

This is next level disrespect for another's property. Whatever happened to good ol' tp'ing a house or bashing a mailbox?
    I'm going to heaven for the weather and hell for the company.

Be dangerous, unpredictable, and make a whole lot of noise.

I wonder how much alcohol was consumed prior to the shenanigans?

Cannot imagine such disrespect.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

They need the piss beat out of them
    Last edited by ecu1984; 08-12-2024 at 02:02 PM.

Not much will happen to them as they are minors. Community service maybe, some restitution (that never gets paid). Mean while the farmer is left with property loss of 200 birds and crop damage. That is a big hit for someone to take as tight as farm incomes are.

Quote Originally Posted by Gander View Post
    I wonder how much alcohol was consumed prior to the shenanigans?
    This. A few 1000 hours of court ordered community service working in the turkey house and fields would be a good start for punishment.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I can still feel my old man slapping the back of my head when I stepped on a 6" beanplant in a 300 acre field of beans like it was yesterday...

JB I learned that lesson early on too.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Good luck with that. Nothing will happen u less parents cut that ass. Every time I catch Juveniles doing something stupid on my property the sheriff department tells me it’s private property there for there’s nothing they can do to them
    80-20 Genaration

^^^ ask the cop if you can get that in writing then start kicking some ass on your private property

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Good luck with that. Nothing will happen u less parents cut that ass. Every time I catch Juveniles doing something stupid on my property the sheriff department tells me it’s private property there for there’s nothing they can do to them
    What kind of bullshit is that? Your house is private property too. Will they not do anything if someone comes inside and/or steals your private property out of your private property house.
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

or ducklease?

- asking for a friend in Rimini

“Muh butts been wiped.” TheBigGuy
    “Poor kids are just as bright and talented as white kids.” PedoPete, Esq.
    “Let’s go Brandon, I agree!” former Vice President Joe Biden
    “Shower time, Ashley.” NotAndyTaylor

Only thing worse than a lazy cop is a lazy, lying ass cop.

The farmer is a great guy that would give you the shirt off his back. Said the worst part was they opened the doors to all his houses and they had to try and get all the birds still alive back in. Dang shame!
    Psalm 42:1 "As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."