Thread: Vortex Razor HD LHT vs Swarovski Z5i

Default Vortex Razor HD LHT vs Swarovski Z5i

I’m interested for experienced opinions on the Vortex Razor HD LHT 3-15x50 compared to the Swarovski Z5 3.5-18x50, disregarding the slight difference in the magnification range. An MRAD vs BDC or MOA reticle doesn’t matter. My only real question deals with optical clarity and low light performance. The illuminated dot is key for both.

I did recently pick up a virtually new Razor HD LHT and have compared it to my Swarovski Z3 4-12x50 and almost want to give the edge to the Swaro, but recognize I’m biased since I’ve used Swaro scopes for 18 years. So are my eyes biased or telling me the truth?

I realize the glass in the Z3 and Z5 are the same, but haven’t checked on any coating differences.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Jap glass is never going to out do euro glass like swaro, regardless of how many coatings they put on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Jap glass is never going to out do euro glass like swaro, regardless of how many coatings they put on it.
    Solid point. I didn’t think of it because I was thinking the Razor class would be a step up, or at least equal to the base Swaro glass. It’s a very minute difference that I might not even notice if I didn’t have a cataract starting to show up.

Thanks.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Take them out at 9:00 on a clear night to look across a field. THere's your answer. Swaro all day and night !!!!
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers