Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Olympics

If anyone ever wonders which of the world's gods is the real God simply look at which of those gods Evil openly hates and mocks and you'll have your answer.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

I grew up watching the Olympics thru the eyes of a boy, thinking this was the best of everything in sports. Even though my news feed this morning was full of the many perversions on display at the opening ceremonies, I still feel that most athletes present are the epitome of sports and what sportsmanship is all about so I will certainly be watching.

I also had this story come across my news feed this morning, though some of you guys might enjoy it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/25/w...-olympics.html
    Getting to the Olympics, the greatest sporting event in the world, often takes years of training and major sacrifices: of academics, social life, maybe postponement of career goals.

Then there is Matthew Dawson, an Australian field hockey player, who chose to amputate the top joint of his right ring finger rather than miss the Paris Olympics.

Dawson, 30, who also was on Australia’s Olympic team in Rio and in Tokyo, where the team won silver, seriously injured the fingertip two weeks ago. During a practice match in Perth, Australia, on the morning of July 11, another player’s hockey stick accidentally hit the finger, leaving it bleeding and partly detached, Dawson said.

“The first thought: OK, that’s it,” he said in a phone interview from the Olympic Village in Paris. “The Olympic dream is over.”
    He consulted a plastic surgeon that same morning, who after examining an X-ray offered the option to amputate the finger below the top knuckle, Dawson said.

The alternative would have been to insert a wire to reconnect the tip, requiring months of healing with no guarantee of full recovery. But, the surgeon told him, amputation meant Dawson would most likely be able to play in 10 days’ time.

Dawson based his decision on both medical grounds and the nearness of the Games. Nearing the end of his field hockey career, this may well be his last Olympics, he said.

“We all make sacrifices and choices,” he said. “This is the choice I made to perform at the Olympics.”

By the afternoon, he was in surgery, where his finger was anesthetized and the tip removed just above the middle knuckle. He was out of surgery by evening, with stitches at the end of his shortened ring finger.
    Since he arrived in Paris last week, his finger has healed well, he said. The amputation did not impede his playing, and the lingering pain was barely noticeable. While taking a bit of getting used to, it was not affecting his day-to-day life.

“You notice it sometimes when you try to pull something off, and the tip of that finger isn’t there to get a bit of grip,” he said.

Dawson said the last stitches would come out on Thursday. Afterward, his parents will travel to Paris to see him compete, and his wife and 10-month-old son will cheer him on from Perth, he said.

On Saturday, his team, nicknamed the Kookaburras, is playing its first match in Paris against Argentina.

Fuck you Satan. I'll watch fat kids trying to boogie board before I will watch a second of that shitshow...

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    I grew up watching the Olympics thru the eyes of a boy, thinking this was the best of everything in sports. Even though my news feed this morning was full of the many perversions on display at the opening ceremonies, I still feel that most athletes present are the epitome of sports and what sportsmanship is all about so I will certainly be watching.

I also had this story come across my news feed this morning, though some of you guys might enjoy it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/07/25/w...-olympics.html
    Getting to the Olympics, the greatest sporting event in the world, often takes years of training and major sacrifices: of academics, social life, maybe postponement of career goals.

Then there is Matthew Dawson, an Australian field hockey player, who chose to amputate the top joint of his right ring finger rather than miss the Paris Olympics.

Dawson, 30, who also was on Australia’s Olympic team in Rio and in Tokyo, where the team won silver, seriously injured the fingertip two weeks ago. During a practice match in Perth, Australia, on the morning of July 11, another player’s hockey stick accidentally hit the finger, leaving it bleeding and partly detached, Dawson said.

“The first thought: OK, that’s it,” he said in a phone interview from the Olympic Village in Paris. “The Olympic dream is over.”
    He consulted a plastic surgeon that same morning, who after examining an X-ray offered the option to amputate the finger below the top knuckle, Dawson said.

The alternative would have been to insert a wire to reconnect the tip, requiring months of healing with no guarantee of full recovery. But, the surgeon told him, amputation meant Dawson would most likely be able to play in 10 days’ time.

Dawson based his decision on both medical grounds and the nearness of the Games. Nearing the end of his field hockey career, this may well be his last Olympics, he said.

“We all make sacrifices and choices,” he said. “This is the choice I made to perform at the Olympics.”

By the afternoon, he was in surgery, where his finger was anesthetized and the tip removed just above the middle knuckle. He was out of surgery by evening, with stitches at the end of his shortened ring finger.
    Since he arrived in Paris last week, his finger has healed well, he said. The amputation did not impede his playing, and the lingering pain was barely noticeable. While taking a bit of getting used to, it was not affecting his day-to-day life.

“You notice it sometimes when you try to pull something off, and the tip of that finger isn’t there to get a bit of grip,” he said.

Dawson said the last stitches would come out on Thursday. Afterward, his parents will travel to Paris to see him compete, and his wife and 10-month-old son will cheer him on from Perth, he said.

On Saturday, his team, nicknamed the Kookaburras, is playing its first match in Paris against Argentina.
    I thought that story was headed to someone amputating a part to do the Paralympic competition

Bruce Jenner set the bar high...el oh el
    At least I'm housebroken.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Fuck you Satan. I'll watch fat kids trying to boogie board before I will watch a second of that shitshow...
    Agreed. Not one minute will be watched on any tv in my house.

This world is and has been in a huge mess
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

Nope, not us. I like golf but nope not this go around
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Don’t look at the video with the pedophile running around with his nuts out. Thank me later…

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    If anyone ever wonders which of the world's gods is the real God simply look at which of those gods Evil openly hates and mocks and you'll have your answer.
    Your statement made me go thinking and you are so right. Never thought of it like that…

Some of you guys should do a little research into Greek Mythology and the origins of the Olympic Games. Perhaps that will help you loosen the clutch on your pearls!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

I watched Scottie win, that was awesome. Then today I watched Boutier a little, solid player. Also kinda cool watching a Frenchy I'm competition. Then there was a woman from Camden take silver in an equestrian thingy.. I don't care about any other sports, but I did see that South American swimmer. I feel like there will be a correction sometime in the future, usually happens. Scottie and other athletes will still have their gold.. and the weird shit will mostly go by the wayside, maybe even the tranny in gloves.

That instagram link is wrong. John Rahm had a 4 stroke lead on the back nine and finished 4 shots back with no medal.
    Tyler Simmons wasn’t offsides. 1-9-2018
    Isaiah Bond didn’t catch the ball. 12-2-2023