Thread: And another

Default And another

16-year-old riding in golf cart dies in head-on crash with vehicle in South Carolina, police say

Jul 26, 2024
    Stephanie Moore

ROCK HILL, S.C. —
    A 16-year-old died in Rock Hill, South Carolina, when a golf cart she was riding in and a vehicle collided head-on.

Rock Hill police said this happened at about 10:05 p.m. on Thursday on Laurel Creek Drive.

Officers were told there were six riders on the golf cart, which flipped over when it collided with a Honda CRV.

One of the riders, a 16-year-old female, died at the scene.

Three other riders of the golf cart were taken to Piedmont Medical Center for non-life-threatening injuries.

Police said preliminary investigation reveals the golf cart was traveling North on Laurel Creek Drive when the Honda, which was traveling South in the wrong lane of travel, collided with the golf cart.

Right up the road from me. Sad situation.

Sad. Not familiar with Rock Hill. Is that area or roadway a neighborhood? Never understood the need to drive a golf cart on busy roadways. I know it's convenient at times, but they aren't built to handle wrecks... especially collisions with vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Sad. Not familiar with Rock Hill. Is that area or roadway a neighborhood? Never understood the need to drive a golf cart on busy roadways. I know it's convenient at times, but they aren't built to handle wrecks... especially collisions with vehicles.
    very high end neighborhood. Houses anywhere from 750-1.1 million. Hood is called Laurel Creek so they were hit on the main road in the hood

Terrible. Prayers for all.

As much as I hate to say it, it's just a matter of time before it happens at Edisto. They are not supposed to be on Palmetto except to cross perpendicular to get to a beach access. Almost every time I am down I see one running Palmetto. Saw one last weekend and he had to be running 20-25 mph. Golf cart + car at 35mph guess who wins. Jungle road is no better. Golf carts ride wherever they want to in the road or bike path, many don't follow any traffic rules and many are driven by underaged kids. Speed limit 30, guess who wins again in car vs golf cart.

Not knocking golf carts because I have one and use it regularly, they have their place. I don't run it in the road like I have the right of way. The full sized vehicles do.

Also, I'm seeing more of the little right hand drive Jap trucks running around the upstate. Cool little rigs, but I would hate to be in an accident in one of those things. My neighbor has one and they have the safety features of a golf cart. Not sure how they are legal to run full speed on the road.

The government assholes who allow the carts on Palmetto because they pay a fee to become Low Speed Vehicles are, well, assholes.

What is worse is that 50% of the renters believe that their vacation comes with a No Consequences for me card. They will walk across Palmetto drunk at noon on a Wednesday without looking. When they drive a car, rules of the road don't apply to them.

Ducktape, please get us a bill requiring the death penalty for people who don't use their damned turn signal...

Quote Originally Posted by We Jeep Inn View Post

Also, I'm seeing more of the little right hand drive Jap trucks running around the upstate. Cool little rigs, but I would hate to be in an accident in one of those things. My neighbor has one and they have the safety features of a golf cart. Not sure how they are legal to run full speed on the road.
    As to those rigs, we used one to fix irrigation towers in cornfields by driving down the pivot tracks. Gamechanger when it is 130° in that jungle and you don't have to tote tires in and out...

See avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

What the heck is wrong with this website JABIII. Slower than turtle most of the time
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It's Biden s faut. Website caught the dementia from him
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

I don’t recall who shared this stat with me, but someone told me within the last couple of years that 80% of life flights in the Myrtle Beach area are in response to golf cart accidents. I have no way of verifying that.

So the Honda was driving in the wrong lane, a kid died, and we're having a convo about golf carts?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

This just hit my news feed this morning. Very sad for everyone involve.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...4-1c438465bd7b

Author: Dana Thiede
    Published: 11:28 AM CDT July 23, 2024
    Updated: 11:28 AM CDT July 23, 2024
    Facebook
    AFTON, Minn. — An Afton man is charged with manslaughter and child endangerment in connection with an ATV rollover that killed his daughter and her friend in April 2023.

A criminal complaint filed in Washington County details the allegations against 54-year-old Lance Alan Koeckeritz, who faces four felony counts in the fatal crash, which took place on the defendant's property in Afton.
    Washington County squads were dispatched to an address on Neal Avenue South on the afternoon of April 22, 2023, on reports of an ATV rollover. When they arrived deputies found the mother and sibling of one victim performing CPR on the 10-year-old girls, but lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. The victims were identified as Savanna Lee Koeckeritz of Afton and Alexis “Lexi” Marie Gibson of Mahtomedi.

Investigators learned that Savanna had invited Lexi for a sleepover at her family's Afton home, and her mother was going to take the girls to a movie once she got home from work. The mother arrived home at 4:15 p.m. and couldn't locate the girls. Approximately 45 minutes later another child in the home found the girls pinned face down under an overturned ATV with a footrest on top of their neck and upper chest areas. By the time they could get the ATV off the young victims, the girls "were both cold and blue."

Neither child was wearing a helmet or protective gear. Autopsies on both Savanna and Lexi found no internal injuries or trauma, and their cause of death was found to be asphyxiation.

Prosecutors allege the defendant, Lance Koeckeritz, was in his work trailer on the property the entire afternoon, and didn't know what had happened until informed of the accident. He reportedly told detectives the kids are allowed to operate the full-sized, 800cc ATV whenever they wanted, without checking in or asking permission.

The Minnesota DNR recommends children ages 10 and 11 be limited to an ATV with an engine up to just 110cc.
    Koeckeritz is charged with two counts of second-degree manslaughter and two counts of child endangerment causing harm or death.

This just hit my news feed this morning. Very sad for everyone involve.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...4-1c438465bd7b

Author: Dana Thiede
    Published: 11:28 AM CDT July 23, 2024
    Updated: 11:28 AM CDT July 23, 2024
    Facebook
    AFTON, Minn. — An Afton man is charged with manslaughter and child endangerment in connection with an ATV rollover that killed his daughter and her friend in April 2023.

A criminal complaint filed in Washington County details the allegations against 54-year-old Lance Alan Koeckeritz, who faces four felony counts in the fatal crash, which took place on the defendant's property in Afton.
    Washington County squads were dispatched to an address on Neal Avenue South on the afternoon of April 22, 2023, on reports of an ATV rollover. When they arrived deputies found the mother and sibling of one victim performing CPR on the 10-year-old girls, but lifesaving efforts were unsuccessful. The victims were identified as Savanna Lee Koeckeritz of Afton and Alexis “Lexi” Marie Gibson of Mahtomedi.

Investigators learned that Savanna had invited Lexi for a sleepover at her family's Afton home, and her mother was going to take the girls to a movie once she got home from work. The mother arrived home at 4:15 p.m. and couldn't locate the girls. Approximately 45 minutes later another child in the home found the girls pinned face down under an overturned ATV with a footrest on top of their neck and upper chest areas. By the time they could get the ATV off the young victims, the girls "were both cold and blue."

Neither child was wearing a helmet or protective gear. Autopsies on both Savanna and Lexi found no internal injuries or trauma, and their cause of death was found to be asphyxiation.

Prosecutors allege the defendant, Lance Koeckeritz, was in his work trailer on the property the entire afternoon, and didn't know what had happened until informed of the accident. He reportedly told detectives the kids are allowed to operate the full-sized, 800cc ATV whenever they wanted, without checking in or asking permission.

The Minnesota DNR recommends children ages 10 and 11 be limited to an ATV with an engine up to just 110cc.
    Koeckeritz is charged with two counts of second-degree manslaughter and two counts of child endangerment causing harm or death.

Reason #3000 to avoid Minnesota like the Somalian plague that it is...

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    So the Honda was driving in the wrong lane, a kid died, and we're having a convo about golf carts?

Yep. Cuz guess what... no matter who is at fault if those kids would have been in a car the outcome would likely be different and we wouldn't be having this conversation at all.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post

yes. try to keep up.
    the "convo" is still about carts on the road.....................vs cars

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Reason #3000 to avoid Minnesota like the Somalian plague that it is...
    I remember getting cyber lynched on here for commenting about adults allowing kids to ride full size ATVs. They hung me with the “my kids I’ll raise em how I want to” rope.

I’ve never been to Minnesota. But sounds like some of their kinfolk live down here and are on this site. Better check their gun safe for rusted Remington 7600’s.