Thread: Tundra recall

Default Tundra recall

PLANO, Texas (May 30, 2024)—Toyota is conducting a safety recall involving certain model year 2022–2023 Toyota Tundra and Lexus LX (conventional gas model only) vehicles in North America. Approximately, 102,000 Toyota and Lexus branded vehicles are involved in this recall in the U.S.

There is a possibility that certain machining debris may not have been cleared from the engine when it was produced. In the involved vehicles, this can lead to potential engine knocking, engine rough running, engine no start and/or a loss of motive power. A loss of motive power while driving at higher speeds can increase the risk of a crash.

Toyota is currently developing the remedy for this issue.

Owners of involved vehicles will be notified by late July 2024.

Information about automotive recalls, including but not limited to the list of involved vehicles, is current as of today’s filing date and is subject to change thereafter. To see if your vehicle is involved in a safety recall visit Toyota.com/recall or nhtsa.gov/recalls and enter your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or license plate information.

For any additional questions, Toyota customer support is also available by calling the Toyota Brand Engagement Center (1-800-331-4331) for Toyota vehicles.

https://pressroom.toyota.com/toyota-...s-lx-vehicles/

The remedy is an engine swap.

I love when the cab comes off.
    More fuel = more boost!!

I knew you would...

The rice doesn't have enough octane.

Video: Breaking News – Toyota Will Replace Over 100,000 Tundra & Lexus Engines for These Model Years!
    It's the best way to resolve the problem, but it will cost big!

By Andre Smirnov -July 25, 2024
    2022 2023 toyota tundra lexus lx600 engine recall turbo v6 replacement
    We finally have a resolution to the voluntary recall that Toyota announced on May 30th, 2024. The recall has to do with engine failures due to manufacturing debris. This recall affects 102,092 vehicles, and most of them are 2022 and 2023 Toyota Tundra pickup trucks. This affects 98,568 non-hybrid Tundra trucks and 3,524 Lexus LX600 SUVs with the same 3.4L twin-turbo V6 engine.

Manufacturing debris that may have been left inside the engine during its manufacturing process may cause the engine to run rough or stall altogether. If the engine failure occurs while moving, it poses a safety concern.

Here is the latest statement from Toyota.

“For all involved vehicles, Toyota and Lexus dealers will replace the engine with a new one at no cost to customers.“

There could have been other solutions to this problem. Toyota could have compensated owners of affected trucks with some sum of money. Toyota could have replaced the “short block”. This means the existing engine block would be replaced with a new part, but all other existing parts would have to be put back onto the new block. This may cost Toyota less money, but 102,092 engine rebuilds may pose new problems due to rebuild processes. Toyota decides to replace the entire engine. This is a more straight forward procedure, but this is indeed costly to Toyota.

It shows that Toyota stand behind their products and is willing to make it right.

Take a look at my breaking news video below that I did while on the road – traveling to Detroit for an unrelated event.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...e_path=Mjg2NjY

dam a hybrid
    At least I'm housebroken.

yep, still glad I went with a slightly used 2020 model instead of jumping into that mess.

I'll keep rolling my 18 until the wheels fall off.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

Wonder when GM will do a recall with full engine replacement as the fix.