Thread: Speer/CCI .22 Velocitor

Default Speer/CCI .22 Velocitor

This is what Speer calls the "Baby Gold Dot".

I have killed hogs with a .22 for 40+ years either in a trap or pulling dogs off them. I always used what ever cheap stuff I had in the gun, with varying degrees of success. I started using the Velocitors a couple of years ago. These Velocitors are like a bolt from the blue at up to 20 yards. I'm talking a poleax.

I also killed a bunch last month with the CCI Stingers... they both work but I'd give the edge to the Velocitors with their 40gr bullet.

Neither one of these rounds are super accurate in my Volquartsen - 1/2-3/4" at 50 yards... most of the other rounds I use are 1/4". They are, however, plenty good enough and pack the punch to kill at close range with authority.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Good info. Must be tough on squirrels.

What rounds do you use to get the 1/4” groups?
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Woodie
    CCI Standard give good groups as do the Aguila SubSonic as well as Eley Match... even the cheapest stuff out there will shoot 1/2" in this gun. Love the accuracy but hate the weight. Have a Volquartsen bull barrel and heavy Boyd's thumbhole. I long for a light 10/22. Boringly accurate except with the Hi Velocity stuff from CCI. I did notice that when changing to different types of ammo in this gun, the first few shots did not group well. After 10-15 shots however, it started settling in and shooting right. Must be some bullet or powder differences that have to get settled in...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

My Ruger bolt actions will shoot a 1/4” group with Winchester 36gr hollow points all day long. That’s all I’ve shot for years.

I do have some velocitors and stingers that I’ve shot in my single six revolver. Shoot them back to back against the regular cheaper stuff and you can hear the difference in them.

.22mag is my go to for trapped pigs, between the eyes or behind the ears and it’s lights out
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Velocitors are stupid accurate in my 10-22T

My trapping dispatch gun is a Ruger Mark 3 22/45

Velocitors have speed and heft. Stingers are more speed but lighter