Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We are Screwed

Quote Originally Posted by Coastal Woodie View Post
    Dad's side the family is from NC. My grandads mother's side of the family came from Ireland in 1690. Grandads father's side of the family came from Germany at some point. Grandmas side came from Scotland in 1716 to Georgetown and they've been in Conway since 1776.

Mom's side the family traces back to native Americans in Brunswick county NC in the late 1700s and the other side came to SC in 1710 from England.

Both sides fought for the confederacy in North and South Carolina.
    That Native American blood explains your deadliness with the bow and arrow
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

What I have learned, everyone from a state north of you is Yankee. Had a man in Geneva AL. Asked “where did you say you were from.” I told him NC. He looked at me dead serious and said is that a southern state.

Most of us honkies came from across the big pond. I see little difference if your family came over in 1700 vs 1950. It's silly to think you have "claim" to the southern way of life just because your family moved here sooner, especially since you had no input on what your great great great great great grandaddy did. Be proud of your family heritage, but it's hardly anything to boast about. Heck most of the reason the state is becoming more blue each day is the landed gentry continually selling off land to northerners. Kind of ironic if you think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Remy View Post
    Most of us honkies came from across the big pond. I see little difference if your family came over in 1700 vs 1950. It's silly to think you have "claim" to the southern way of life just because your family moved here sooner, especially since you had no input on what your great great great great great grandaddy did. Be proud of your family heritage, but it's hardly anything to boast about. Heck most of the reason the state is becoming more blue each day is the landed gentry continually selling off land to northerners. Kind of ironic if you think about it.
    Preach.

But that doesn’t make you any less yankee…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post
    Preach.

But that doesn’t make you any less yankee…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I honestly couldn't tell you when my family moved across the pond. All I know is both sets of grandparents lived here before I was born. I'm not sure what category that puts me in, but I'm ok with whatever you want to label it.

You guys should be thankful that's it's Northerner's and not SouthernBoarderer's. I get to see that mess first hand. It least Northerners speak English.