Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If You're Scared

Default If You're Scared

Just say you're scared. I get it, I mean why would you want "more viewership" and "more money" and a "primetime slot" for this game?
    #scaredintheshitter

The Clemson Tigers have reportedly denied a request from the ACC to move their rivalry game vs. South Carolina to Black Friday.

Per documents obtained by TigerNet, the request was made by both the ACC and ESPN in an effort to secure more viewership on that day.

The Tigers' game would've been moved to a primetime slot had the school agreed, but instead they'll face the Gamecocks on Saturday afternoon (Nov. 30).

After learning of Clemson's decision, associate commissioner of the conference Michael Strickland released a statement showing his disapproval:

As has been indicated to you during this process, the Conference Office is disappointed Clemson University's lack of cooperation on this matter. As all ACC members know, it is incumbent upon the ACC and its institutions to work in good faith with ESPN on football scheduling issues. This cooperate maximizes the value of our relationship with our media partner and strengthens our collective future. Clemson’s decision to not do so in this instance is harmful toward that goal.

Can you say messy divorce. I would think that "normally" the tigers would have done that, but at this point they're just trying to get out and will do anything to snub their nose to the Asheshe

It’s the middle finger to ESPN. Also, why should we (sc and Clemson fans) change our rivalry game to appease anyone else? Its played on the Saturday after Thanksgiving - not Friday.

I think they used the wording "more viewership" and "prime time"
    But seems I recall a Climp5ining happened once and you folks complaining about
    how "unfair" Friday night or Thursday night games were
    #gogglesiscomingforyou

So, Clemson told ESPN, the SEC and the ACC to piss off. Kept the Saturday after Thanksgiving tradition, which allows students and family travel time, took charge of their non-conference schedule which the other three have zero say in and won’t capitulate to outside pressure. 2’s coming no matter what day they play it but let’s just do rivalry Saturday like normal, K.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by Saltydog235 View Post
    So, Clemson told ESPN, the SEC and the ACC to piss off. Kept the Saturday after Thanksgiving tradition, which allows students and family travel time, took charge of their non-conference schedule which the other three have zero say in and won’t capitulate to outside pressure. 2’s coming no matter what day they play it but let’s just do rivalry Saturday like normal, K.
    yeah, that's it
    #votedmostdelusionalfanbase

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    yeah, that's it
    #votedmostdelusionalfanbase

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

This version of Clemson probably isn’t good enough to beat Georgia. This version of s carolina probably isn’t good enough to beat Clemson. It is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by UPSTATEWATERFOWLER View Post
    This version of Clemson probably isn’t good enough to beat Georgia. This version of s carolina probably isn’t good enough to beat Clemson. It is what it is.
    but you haven't even seen either play yet, Climp5in ranked in the preseason top ten, 10 consecutive top 10 recruiting classes
    Just kidding, all the above is true but if your offense couldn't score a TD against the crappy Coots with the $2M coordinator.............you're going to get your doo doo pushed in by UGA
    Last edited by ecu1984; 07-04-2024 at 07:31 PM.

but you haven't even seen either play yet, Climp5in ranked in the preseason top ten, 10 consecutive top 10 recruiting classes
    Just kidding, all the above is true but if your offense couldn't score a TD against the crappy Coots with the $2M coordinator.............you're going to get your doo doo pushed in by UGA
    Pretty sure most Clemson fans expect Jawja to whip our asses. However, as I read it, you’re whining that Clemson didn’t cave to ESPN, The SEC or ACC moving the traditional date of the rivalry game. The one the chickens will lose yet again. The one your team’s conference wouldn’t let them play a few years ago due to fear.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

However, as I read it, you’re whining that Clemson didn’t cave to ESPN, The SEC or ACC moving the traditional date of the rivalry game.
    I think the dabonites are leaving the acc because they aren't getting enough money. So they make a proposal to move the game to Prime time and get paid more money,.......and Clemson turns it down.

They should have taken the money because 7-5 or 8-4 is not going to make the playoffs and that's where they are headed.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

The two teams will play, regardless of when, and Clemson will win, as they have 70% of the time, for many years.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I am neither a Clemson fan or a USC fan but damn i enjoy the shit out of Rick’s posts because damn if he doesn’t re spool his reels when he post. Go pack lol
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

What else is there to talk about this time of year. Might as well have a little fun with ECU’s nonsense. We all know he’s trolling.

I don't write the news fellas, I just report it

It does raise eyebrows when Clemson wants to leave the ACC due to wanting more money but turns down the opportunity to make more money.

Quote Originally Posted by redhead25 View Post
    It does raise eyebrows when Clemson wants to leave the ACC due to wanting more money but turns down the opportunity to make more money.
    Why get embarrassed by an unranked team with a freshman QB wearing scuba gear on his face; on prime time with more folks and recruits watching?

Why yall tampering? Seems like a chicken thing to do.

Why get embarrassed by an unranked team with a freshman QB wearing scuba gear on his face; on prime time with more folks and recruits watching?
    You still expect him to be playing by the 8/9/10/11th loss of the season?

You still expect him to be playing by the 8/9/10/11th loss of the season?
    yes, he'll be there, it won't matter how many games y'all have lost