Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Deer Club Baiting Rules

Not allowing trail camera to be used will kill 99% of drama if it is a still hunt club.
    Take this for what it is worth. A club that hunts down road from one of our tracts has designated areas to each member and because of the trail cam pics there is more drama and bullshit in that club than anyone can imagine.

I know a handful of the members and hearing them bitch constantly about so and so killed my deer I been feeding and hunting. I had trail cam pics of him this many times and named him and Yada Yada Yada.

Another club I hunt with several times a year only dog hunt. They use tail cam pics to target the big ones and I have never heard anyone complain because someone else killed it. They are a good group of guys and just want someone to kill the big one they got in camera.

We allow 1 personal stand and have x number of club stands. We dog and still hunt, allow corn, club provides for club stands and not allowing just anyone to be in a club because they have green money and inly allowing people that fit the clubs mindset eliminates the drama.

It is made known if you cause problems you will forfeit your membership non refundable. Had to show few how serious we are in past

Not allowing trail camera to be used will kill 99% of drama if it is a still hunt club.
    Take this for what it is worth. A club that hunts down road from one of our tracts has designated areas to each member and because of the trail cam pics there is more drama and bullshit in that club than anyone can imagine.

I know a handful of the members and hearing them bitch constantly about so and so killed my deer I been feeding and hunting. I had trail cam pics of him this many times and named him and Yada Yada Yada.

Another club I hunt with several times a year only dog hunt. They use tail cam pics to target the big ones and I have never heard anyone complain because someone else killed it. They are a good group of guys and just want someone to kill the big one they got in camera.

We allow 1 personal stand and have x number of club stands. We dog and still hunt, allow corn, club provides for club stands and not allowing just anyone to be in a club because they have green money and inly allowing people that fit the clubs mindset eliminates the drama.

It is made known if you cause problems you will forfeit your membership non refundable. Had to show few how serious we are in past

Confirms reasons I got out of long time club after 25 yrs. I was long time VP/treasurer

Love folks to death but constant complaints over stands , food plots , and of course the “I been letting that deer walk for 3 yrs (BS) and others . That club loaded with hogs and corn made it worse

That clubs rules have been changed and amended so many times over the years they as thick as IRS Pub 17 I use

However most guys had feeders at “their stands” and club also had quite a few “club stands” . Club Stands basically where someone got out and we eliminated the “giving away” of stand locations . Those would have (and I made sure) decent food plots and even couple had feeders on a telephone right of way , those stands almost like a drag race on weekends to see who could get there tag hung on those first . Personally I stayed away from them but good part was it kept atv traffic down to a minimum and honestly the 2 main complainers in that club (12-13) were ones that hunted there for most part . yep every now and then I would go very early just to tag that spot to be a piss them off for shits n giggles but you did see lot of deer on those stands

I now hunt with 1 other guy and we have NO RULES and honestly seldom shoot a deer on this tract of land, he has land he owns and another very small lease that he hunts . We do our food plots and I typically by the corn (3 feeders on this small tract ). Last couple years my hunting partner’s SIL/Daughter hunt it some and they were taking care of feeders

My hunting now is so uneventful and drama free it almost gets boring but sure is peaceful

No more clubs for me.

Everything I hunt is either mine or several close friends that do not hunt. I take good care of the other tracts and their owners throughout the year. If anyone screws up the deer/turkeys on all these tracts, it's me or someone I take. Being able to control pressure is the key to having successful properties.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

That said, I can see where corn would corrupt a club.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

well I sure as hell dont want to be in a club with porkchops examples.

what idiot thinks a game cam pic of a deer is some sort of ownership? the critters do move around, you know?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    well I sure as hell dont want to be in a club with porkchops examples.

what idiot thinks a game cam pic of a deer is some sort of ownership? the critters do move around, you know?
    Yeah, but its MY camera and MY picture. Did you shoot?
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

Yeah 2th I would quit hunting before I dealt with the one club I mentioned that takes ownership of deer they get pics of.
    Not knocking out of state hunters as we have a few and couldn't ask for better people to hunt with but that club is eat up with them and no wonder they have to come to sc and hunt. The locals where they live have prob kicked them off of every inch of dirt in their state.

The day that shit starts at our club there will be openings and or no still hunting.

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/V1m...ibextid=V2iOCx

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/Vwk...ibextid=V2iOCx

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

My club has 3 members. Me Myself and I. I was on a brown it's down club for awhile and they were baiting before it was legal so no more clubs for me unless it's divided into personal parcels