Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: College Baseball 2024

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    The old "he sucked anyway" story again and again
    Bless their little butt hurt hearts
    In all honesty, he was destined to Cannarella's back up his entire career at Clem.

The old "he sucked anyway" story again and again
    Bless their little butt hurt hearts
    If you can’t beat em, get the benchwarmers from the team that swept you
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    If you can’t beat em, get the benchwarmers from the team that swept you
    Come on now. I thought you better than this. I assumed this comment would come from Feets...

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    He won’t be missed, he probably stands a much better chance of seeing the field in Columbia TBH.

But it does suck that players can transfer between “rivals”. No different than Schlossnagle leaving for Texas not even 24 hours after losing in the championship series. I doubt I’ll ever stop loving college baseball, but college athletics in general are semi pro sports now anyway. Free agency every year, hired mercenaries. Look at Billy Amick in Omaha, I’m sure he was happy to win a championship, but I’ve never seen a kid starting on a team in Omaha look more miserable than he did the whole 2 weeks he was out there…..
    Not sure about Amick but I agree with everything you said. I loved the last two weeks of baseball but I don't know how anyone goes to play for their rival in any sport.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Not sure about Amick but I agree with everything you said. I loved the last two weeks of baseball but I don't know how anyone goes to play for their rival in any sport.
    It’s a charitable thing. Tavien Feaster did it to become the only football national champion ever to play at U of SC.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    Yeah, idk about Amick either, that was just an personal observation from a body language standpoint. I hope UT was everything he hoped it would be, hard to argue that it wasn't when you're on the last team standing.

I do how the rival thing works, there are no rivals anymore, and it's a result of them switching teams every time mom or dad get pissed off about something the coach does from the time they're 7 until they get to college. Little Johnny not getting to play SS and bat 3rd? Hell with those losers at shockwave, we'll go play for the dirtbags. Dirtbags realize your kid sucks at SS? Screw em, I heard the canes 7.5U team needed a middle infielder. If they figure us out, piss on em, we'll start our own team.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

It’s a charitable thing. Tavien Feaster did it to become the only football national champion ever to play at U of SC.
    and this kid probably wanted to play for a university that has won multiple baseball national championships......multiple
    Last edited by ecu1984; 06-26-2024 at 11:20 AM.

and this kid probably wanted to play for a university that has won multiple baseball national championships......multiple
    Crazy they’ve gone from back to back championships to this kid’s consolation prize

Crazy they’ve gone from back to back championships to this kid’s consolation prize
    It stings doesn't it
    All the delusional garbage you spewed about 'the dynasty" and the "elite" program
    and "5 stars backing up 5 stars" "next man up" and "the assistants will never leave"
    "Dabo is waiting for Saban's job" and on and on
    Welcome to the shitter.......I told you it would come as soon as the rapist and the lesbian QBs bailed.
    get use to it, the worst isn't here for you yet
    7th place ACC dynasty

Hahaha. Please don’t attribute other people’s comments to me. I’ll gladly own mine. When a U of SC backup transfers to Clemson and starts, I will consider that the shitter. Until then, I will look forward to the 60th anniversary celebration of that 1970 split conference championship. What is the traditional 60th anniversary gift, diamonds?

um ok. Feel free to smartass back and forth with ECU. I'm not him. I was just trying to add to the discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Yeah, idk about Amick either, that was just an personal observation from a body language standpoint. I hope UT was everything he hoped it would be, hard to argue that it wasn't when you're on the last team standing.

I do how the rival thing works, there are no rivals anymore, and it's a result of them switching teams every time mom or dad get pissed off about something the coach does from the time they're 7 until they get to college. Little Johnny not getting to play SS and bat 3rd? Hell with those losers at shockwave, we'll go play for the dirtbags. Dirtbags realize your kid sucks at SS? Screw em, I heard the canes 7.5U team needed a middle infielder. If they figure us out, piss on em, we'll start our own team.
    Damn, twice in one day I'm agreeing with you! I'm not saying you're wrong on Amick, I just didn't pay attention to it to be honest. As you said he clearly made the right decision if it was all about winning a World Series. It would have definitely meant more to him to do it at Clemson. I do seem to remember reading last summer that it came down to Tn and Carolina when he hopped in the portal and that while Tn was clearly the better team, the decision maker was he and his family couldn't get past hating Carolina all these years. Even as Carolina fan I completely get that and applaud it. Far as I'm concerned travel ball has ruined youth baseball and I used to coach it.

Kind of like your football team.