Thread: Summerville Eats Part 2

Default Summerville Eats Part 2

Trying to salvage my previous thread with pictures issues....

Girls wanted to shop, so had to make the obligatory trip.
    20240616_110315.jpg

Grabbed a quick bite while down there.
    20240616_125936.jpg
    20240616_130649.jpg
    20240616_131154.jpg
    20240616_131204.jpg
    Last edited by Short_track_champ; 06-20-2024 at 04:55 PM.

Blasted up to Greenville area for the wife to check on some employment options.

Grabbed some East Coast chicken fingers for a fast bite (pleasing the kiddo's)
    20240617_140545.jpg
    20240617_140603.jpg
    Did the Eudora Wildlife Safari for the kid's on the way up (all those pic's on the wife's phone.)

Made it to G-ville to walk around. Pretty nice, very functional down town area, they have done a good job with the mixed use buildings. Looks like a fun place to live if you were a college kid.
    20240617_190440.jpg
    Attachment 90489

Seen the suggested Hall's & Rick Erwin but definitely didn't pack anything fancy enough for that type of dinner.

Left the kid's behind for a moderate dinner.
    Attachment 90490
    Attachment 90491
    Last edited by Short_track_champ; 06-20-2024 at 06:47 PM.

Service at Saskatoon was great, waiter was a gentlemen. Got a triple chocolate cake to go for the hotel.

In retrospect I regret not trying any game meat. My wife won't let me forget that either.

Next time.
    Last edited by Short_track_champ; 06-20-2024 at 07:40 PM.

I worked at Eudora back in my high school days, when it was just a small farm. It’s amazing to see what a divorce and new dream can bring out in a man. Mark has done a great job transforming it into what it is now. It was crazy to see the lines of cars there back during Covid when there was nothing else to do. You were in my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post
    Service at Saskatoon was great, waiter was a gentlemen. Got a triple chocolate cake to go for the hotel.

In retrospect I regret not trying any game meat. My wife won't let me forget that either.

Next time.
    Saskatoon is one of our favorites along with The Peddler Steakhouse and Sassafras. Others can have Rick Erwin and Hall's. Downtown is great no matter your age. Lots to do. What is your wife looking to do? Y'all thinking about a move?

Quote Originally Posted by SCHUNTINFANATIC View Post
    I worked at Eudora back in my high school days, when it was just a small farm. It’s amazing to see what a divorce and new dream can bring out in a man. Mark has done a great job transforming it into what it is now. It was crazy to see the lines of cars there back during Covid when there was nothing else to do. You were in my neck of the woods.
    My wife and kids absolutely loved feeding the animals. It was their favorite part of the trip. Glad to know they thrived during Covid as most places did not.

You live in a beautiful part of the country. Now I understand your location.
    Last edited by Short_track_champ; 06-21-2024 at 10:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Saskatoon is one of our favorites along with The Peddler Steakhouse and Sassafras. Others can have Rick Erwin and Hall's. Downtown is great no matter your age. Lots to do. What is your wife looking to do? Y'all thinking about a move?
    What is your go to at Saskatoon?? I should have tried the buffalo ribeye... Next time. I liked how the had what appeared to be a garden out back as well as a micro green indoor garden inside the restaurant.

My wife works in investments (with licenses), has life insurance license stuffs, can notarize, all that good stuff. She currently works at a credit union.

In a perfect world yes, I need to escape the crazy, bad, horrible stuff that is happening all around me. Even if I have to leave better duck and goose hunting to make that happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Short_track_champ View Post
    What is your go to at Saskatoon?? I should have tried the buffalo ribeye... Next time. I liked how the had what appeared to be a garden out back as well as a micro green indoor garden inside the restaurant.

My wife works in investments (with licenses), has life insurance license stuffs, can notarize, all that good stuff. She currently works at a credit union.

In a perfect world yes, I need to escape the crazy, bad, horrible stuff that is happening all around me. Even if I have to leave better duck and goose hunting to make that happen.
    We typically get the sampler appetizer. Their Caesar salad is great as well. I've tried almost everything there. The Buffalo ribeye was good. Just not my personal favorite. The elk is fantastic. Their tame game ribeye or prime rib is what I get most of the time. I do the "wild" game off the appetizer menu. And yes, Edmond grows most all, if not all, his vegetables and spices onsite. His wife was more than likely the one that took you to your table.