Thread: Politicians

Default Politicians

Ok. I think I'm done with politics. I am sure that makes many of you very happy.

I dont click on links (or podcasts) and often berate people for just reading the headlines and making a conclusion. I may be guilty of that in this instance...

one report about a vermont (?) representative pouring water into the other reps purse on several occasions? and the other about a texas politician creating their own facebook page to send themselves hate mail?

Politics is screwed up. Beyond repair? Communism (giggle)? I aint know....but i DO know that if the people we choose to represent us act like our children, we are screwed.

Change my mind.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

and then i see LA (gavin newsome territory) is first to ban cell phones in schools?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Hell children act better than politicians in many instances. Children don’t screw their interns, but politics not common decency told us that was a private matter with Clinton, and normalized it really as early as jfk and Marilyn, and of course Ted killing a girl and walking away from it. Give them the power of the purse and no term limits mandate and what do we expect? The anointed ruling class. Do as I say not as I do.....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

Politicians are a representation of the voters. The winner takes all combined with large egos causes the candidate and supporters to do "what it takes" to win.

This year the Republicans had an internal fight with the Freedom Caucus wing. Both sides manipulated negative information. There was no clear winner.

Strangely, the fight did not stop after the primary. The Freedom caucus has continued to stir the fight. Get ready for a continuous hate filled deceptive two more years.
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Term limits!

" Only thing worse than a Politician is a child molester"

Sheriff Hank Pearson
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by wdhigh View Post
    Term limits!
    Stop voting for incumbents.

congress/senate have < 30% approval and >90% re-election rate.

Fire them at the polls. I don't vote for incumbents after two terms, even if they're good, for this very reason.

But until the 4th branch of gov't, the bureaucracy, gets fired, term limits are a moot point.

Politics get in the way of good things happening. This statement holds true from the whitehouse to the school board and all positions between
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

"Politics" comes from the ancient Greek word describing "affairs of the cities". In other words, politics is the shared thoughts and beliefs of large groups. Human conduct is at its best in individual affairs or dealings between individuals. It is when we form groups and engage in group thought that brings the worst out in humanity. With modern technology group thought is synthesized at lightning speed. What a shitty time to be a human.
    DILLIGAF

"Politics" comes from the ancient Greek word describing "affairs of the cities". In other words, politics is the shared thoughts and beliefs of large groups. Human conduct is at its best in individual affairs or dealings between individuals. It is when we form groups and engage in group thought that brings the worst out in humanity. With modern technology group thought is synthesized at lightning speed. What a shitty time to be a human.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    Politicians are a representation of the voters. The winner takes all combined with large egos causes the candidate and supporters to do "what it takes" to win.

This year the Republicans had an internal fight with the Freedom Caucus wing. Both sides manipulated negative information. There was no clear winner.

Strangely, the fight did not stop after the primary. The Freedom caucus has continued to stir the fight. Get ready for a continuous hate filled deceptive two more years.
    Getting rid of Jay West is a big plus for any and all real Conservatives in SC. And if our GOP reps didn’t act like RINOS and Democrats the Freedom Caucus would probably be less combative. Think about it, along with why so many other States sided against going along with the WHO, the UN, and the WEF health dictatorship agenda, unlike the SC legislation. You guys need to stop being the most Blue State of all the Reds.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'