Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: US Open

I have never seen anyone in the public go from being such a duche to likeable in a short amount of time. Given that the LIV move could have made him double down on unlikeability also. However, he was self-aware and attacked it like his game, and now his social media and his attitude reflect he wants to be respected AND liked. Having said that, I thought then, and I believe now, that his eye blinking and twitching are sure signs he is on the spectrum and has other things going on in his life. Maybe the passing of his father had something to do with the timing of the changes. Either way, I enjoy watching him now and even his YouTube shows. So who has a guess what his LIV bonus was for winning a major? MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    I have never seen anyone in the public go from being such a duche to likeable in a short amount of time. Given that the LIV move could have made him double down on unlikeability also. However, he was self-aware and attacked it like his game, and now his social media and his attitude reflect he wants to be respected AND liked. Having said that, I thought then, and I believe now, that his eye blinking and twitching are sure signs he is on the spectrum and has other things going on in his life. Maybe the passing of his father had something to do with the timing of the changes. Either way, I enjoy watching him now and even his YouTube shows. So who has a guess what his LIV bonus was for winning a major? MG
    He's a physics major and a little odd, but I think he's become more likeable as he's maturing.

Sent from my motorola edge plus 5G UW (2022) using Tapatalk

He definitely has. Although I must admit I started becoming a fan when he was riding that douchebag Koepka’s ass, lol.

Did anyone else notice that Rory didn’t adjust his ball to line up that last putt?

i did

but i didnt watch the golf channel afterwards (because I am a man) to let them pick it apart like bryson's bunker shot....
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Dr Iwatchacommunistsport

Whatcha think of Rory's reaction? I get it, I wouldn't want talk to anyone afterwards either but I would think someone at that level would be able to suck it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I don't know if he's the peoples champ yet.. but he's matured and acts a hell of a lot cooler. That was fun golf to watch.. I like watching them on bermuda, especially on Ross greens.

If anyone turned to the golf channel afterwards it was good tv, they had Johnson out there trying to hit that 18th bunker shot and Bryson rolled up and hung out, plus the trophy.

I kinda was wanting an 18 hole playoff.. but I could see Rory missing that putt.
    I was thinking the same but apparently the USGA changed the playoff format a few years ago. Just a 2 hole aggregate now. They would have played 17 & 18 over.

i am not sure what is obligations were. I aint throwing stones. I hope he was pissed. He should've been.

oh and the UEFA championship is going on now...
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 3 1/2" MAGUM View Post
    Whatcha think of Rory's reaction? I get it, I wouldn't want talk to anyone afterwards either but I would think someone at that level would be able to suck it up.
    Tack on all that is going on with his divorce/not getting divorced, press regarding an affair with the news girl, and this loss I will not judge him for taking some time off.

That all sounds like self induced trauma to me