Thread: McLeans Marine set to sell

Default McLeans Marine set to sell

Looks ole Harvey finally decided to retire... unless he's gonna continue to do some work from home. Either way, looks like it's a company called Cove 2 Coast is gonna take over this month. Possibly, of course. I don't believe everything I hear...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Sorry to break it to you bubba but he passed away a few weeks ago
    https://ecsfuneralhome.com/book-of-m...vey-/index.php

Wow, Harvey was a good dude and a badass marine mechanic rip Harvey jr
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

There was none any better, that is for sure!
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

What the?... I'm embarrassed that I live in Sumter and had no clue that he passed in April. I really should get more plugged in.

RIP Harvey

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Harvey and I had been best friends since birth. He was a consummate husband, father, friend and businessman. I have brought my boats from Columbia to Sumter for him to service for 40 years. Honest to a fault and always fair. You will never find a more thorough outboard mechanic than him. He was amazing and irreplaceable.

I heard him speak at a Christian Men's Sportsman dinner in Sumter a couple of weeks before he passed. Powerful is an understatement.

I cannot imagine trying to find an outboard mechanic now...
    Last edited by Sasha and Abby; 06-13-2024 at 05:20 AM.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha and Abby View Post
    Harvey and I had been best friends since birth. He was a consummate husband, father, friend and businessman. I have brought my boats from Columbia to Sumter for him to service for 40 years. Honest to a fault and always fair. You will never find a more thorough outboard mechanic than him. He was amazing and irreplaceable.

I heard him speak at a Christian Men's Sportsman dinner in Sumter a couple of weeks before he passed. Powerful is an understatement.

I cannot imagine trying to find an outboard mechanic now...
    Yes sir. That wraps it up Carl. none better
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Sumter lost Little Harvey, Carl Simpson, and Billy McLeod within a short period of time. All fine men that will be missed.

I have never taken a boat anywhere but to Mclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Time View Post
    Sumter lost Little Harvey, Carl Simpson, and Billy McLeod within a short period of time. All fine men that will be missed.

I have never taken a boat anywhere but to Mclean.
    We lost another great one yesterday that made a big difference in many young men's lives, several of which are on here.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phone Man View Post
    We lost another great one yesterday that made a big difference in many young men's lives, several of which are on here.
    Who was that?

RIP Sir!

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Looks ole Harvey finally decided to retire... unless he's gonna continue to do some work from home. Either way, looks like it's a company called Cove 2 Coast is gonna take over this month. Possibly, of course. I don't believe everything I hear...
    Cove 2 Coast is out of Savannah with several locations here and there. It will be a different experience than McLean for sure. I bought a boat from C2C in Charleston and have used them for all of my service with no issues, but it has all just been scheduled service. We will see how they do fixing broken stuff sooner or later.

RIP Harvey. Thanks for the help when it mattered...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Cove 2 Coast is out of Savannah with several locations here and there. It will be a different experience than McLean for sure. I bought a boat from C2C in Charleston and have used them for all of my service with no issues, but it has all just been scheduled service. We will see how they do fixing broken stuff sooner or later.

RIP Harvey. Thanks for the help when it mattered...
    That’s where he separated himself,, you could walk in there and ask him a question or say hey come look at this and he would stop what he is doing and help you I painted his war eagle a couple yrs ago for a trade on some motor mods.. he was willing to go the extra mile
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

I remember four years ago I was on I 20 in Alabama. I passed somebody pulling a truckload of boat trailers from McLean’s. We leapfrog one another a couple different times and I remember how surprised I was seeing somebody up in that area pulling trailers from there.

That sighting happened soon after I started using McLean’s for service. I didn’t even know McLeans existed until somebody from here recommended them.