Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: House & Senate Joint Committee Meeting....

Default House & Senate Joint Committee Meeting....

This Wednesday...

Sent from my SM-S911U using Tapatalk
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Looks like the daily special menu at a Charleston restaurant.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Any results
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

April 3-May 3
    Season bag limit: 2
    Only 1 bird before April 10
    No jakes
    No fanning/reaping
    Youth weekends before and after the season
    $25 for resident tags
    $125 for nonresident tags
    Sunsets after the 2028 season
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Is that a done deal or will they be messing with it some more.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

It's not official until they come back in a couple of weeks and the full body of the House and Senate accept it but at this point there's no reason to believe it will not be so.
    Last edited by Calibogue; 06-05-2024 at 07:26 PM.

They should’ve just given them what they wanted and made it April 10th. Now when this doesn’t work it’ll be because no one would listen to the experts and that extra week early is killing to many turkeys to soon. We’ll be going down this same road again in 2-3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    They should’ve just given them what they wanted and made it April 10th. Now when this doesn’t work it’ll be because no one would listen to the experts and that extra week early is killing to many turkeys to soon. We’ll be going down this same road again in 2-3 years.
    2028: "We did what you wanted and it didn't work..." Signed, the Legislature

people are never satisfied.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by JBtflo View Post
    2028: "We did what you wanted and it didn't work..." Signed, the Legislature
    I’m thankful it does have a sunset! Because if and when this doesn’t work, we aren’t stuck with it forever.
    Last edited by PJ1012; 06-06-2024 at 07:18 AM.

Politicians playing biologists is a problem.
    The fact they did NOT go with the recommended start date will be an issue since four years ain't shit to move the needle in areas with serious population problems.
    If there are no signs of improvement in these areas, thank your politicians for fucking it up, don't bash the biologists!

There's a BIG difference in April 3 and April 10 biologically.....but, it's a move in the right direction.
    A couple of noteworthy items regarding start dates in the Southeast.....TWRA has supposedly called BS on the TN study and is staying strong on the delayed start dates and NC is having discussions about even further delaying their start date.

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    There's a BIG difference in April 3 and April 10 biologically.....but, it's a move in the right direction.
    A couple of noteworthy items regarding start dates in the Southeast.....TWRA has supposedly called BS on the TN study and is staying strong on the delayed start dates and NC is having discussions about even further delaying their start date.
    My point exactly to my earlier post... no one in the later start date group will be happy until it is April 10th. So, lets go ahead and bite the bullet and make it April 10th for 4-5 years and see if the shit works once and for all. If it doesn't then we can move on from this shit and if it does, then you can look like a genius.

You don't say?...... TWRA is trying to shoot holes in a study that goes against everything they think is right after drastically changing season dates in the state of Tennessee..... I never would have thought that would happen.....

Quote Originally Posted by PJ1012 View Post
    My point exactly to my earlier post... no one in the later start date group will be happy until it is April 10th. So, lets go ahead and bite the bullet and make it April 10th for 4-5 years and see if the shit works once and for all. If it doesn't then we can move on from this shit and if it does, then you can look like a genius.

You don't say?...... TWRA is trying to shoot holes in a study that goes against everything they think is right after drastically changing season dates in the state of Tennessee..... I never would have thought that would happen.....
    Sorry buddy, there's a little more to this story than TWRA trying to poke holes in the project.
    It starts with where is the raw data.....why has it not been provided to TWRA when requested?
    There's likely more to come on this...

One is a theory with no proven study that it’ll work…. The other is a study that has been proven has no positive influence on recruitment…. Got it

Proven.....?
    LMAO

Did they address the flounder?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

What does sunset after 2028 season mean? Re-evaluate then?

correct
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Calibogue View Post
    Proven.....?
    LMAO
    Your last 3 posts suggest you support the bureaucrats in the TWRA in "bashing biologists". Picking and choosing based on emotions, your personally preferred opinion/theory or preferred biologist doing the studies? Your sounding more like a politician than a Certified Wildlife Biologist.

Our biologists should have stuck to their guns on what they said at public meetings. They said they were not going to make a recommendation unless they were asked to, because they would prefer to finish their study first (2 more years). The late start date is the theory of the study. They have no proven basis to move seasons around yet. The recommendation should have been no recommendation if they didnt feel they had enough information. But our lead biologists bends to the political pressure and you know that.

You have made it clear that you have no faith in Craig Harper when it comes to animals. The truth is that this just does not fit your narrative

It's published. Read it, call him up (seeing how he's a personal friend)and tell him he's a liar and a fraud. Because that's what your passively aggressively doing anyway.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/ece3.11390