Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: College Baseball 2024

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    He was already ejected before he came on the field. At that point what’s he suppose to do head for the locker room. I think we all know no one is doing that. He yelled at the ups, something to the tune of let the boys play and they ejected him while in the dugout. At least that’s what baseball America said this morning. Yes I’m sure it was more stern than that. Bakich went out to get an explanation and they tossed him. I like Bakich. Some won’t like it but I personally loved the “let’s F’in go as he left.
    My point was Jack shouldn't have inserted himself into that situation in the first place. I mean the dude was fired as the head coach and now he's back sitting in the dugout and running to argue a call.... It's a bad look. I have no issue with Bakich doing what he did and protecting his kids.

There’s a hard line drawn around Assistant Coaches. Umps take zero shit from them. The HC is a different story. Leggett should have kept his holster closed to begin with and left from the dugout when ejected.

Here's an article from greenville online that explains the ejections from the umpire crew chief. I've copied and pasted the jist of it. Also, Mathes was not ejected as stated earlier.

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/sto...a/74037607007/

"Coach Leggett was in the dugout pointing and screaming at us about the crew huddling," Raaphorst said in a statement. "Leggett was warned to stop, he continued waving his hands while yelling at the crew. At this point, Leggett was ejected for failing to obey the warning.

"He then proceeded onto the field in foul territory and was warned to leave or be suspended. Leggett continued to yell at the crew while walking toward the foul line while failing to obey the 'prolonged warning.'"

Raaphorst added the second-year Tigers coach was thrown out after ignoring three warnings to return to the dugout and "clearly" inciting Doug Kingsmore Stadium by "raising his arms over his head while facing the crowd."

Clemson Head Coach Erik Bakich pumps his fists toward fans after he argued with umpires following his ejection during the top of the 13th inning at the NCAA baseball Clemson Super Regional at Doug Kingsmore Stadium in Clemson Sunday, June 9, 2024.
    "Due to the previous unsportsmanlike conduct warning issued earlier, we deemed this inappropriate, and he would be ejected for his actions," Raaphorst said. "After the ejection, Bakich followed the crew chief several times around the infield, and after being warned for prolonged activity, was suspended for failing to obey the warning"
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 06-10-2024 at 11:01 AM.

Anyone who has been around Jack before can assure you it was more than “let the boys play”.

As a side note.. as a USC fan, those umps were ridiculous. You have to let some emotion flow when you get to this point in the season. A lot of blood, sweat, and tears have gone into getting to this point and emotions are high.
    Last edited by redhead25; 06-10-2024 at 11:20 AM.

Umps were ridiculous, but game came down to some coaching decisions. Left a pitcher in too long. Should have played small ball way before they tried to especially with Bissetta. He was struggling and had some bunt opportunities earlier in game. Getting picked off at first was awful too especially after a time out when I am sure situation was discussed in huddle. Had first base open a time or two with two outs and gave up a big hit when batter was ahead. Walks don’t kill you in those situations.

Trailer park trash.

Default College Baseball 2024

Zero tolerance policy on assistant coaches arguing anything. Legget should have kept his Yankee ass in the dugout (or Maine) and let Bakich’s Yankee ass coach his own team. But he didn’t and his action led to Bakich getting tossed.

And the trailer park trash element came into play as well,

Great damn game. Weak ass ending. Umps suck.

ETA: Clemson sucks.
    Last edited by Tater; 06-10-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Rednecks showing their ass and paid the price. Two coaches and one player ejected. Classless.
    did you watch the game? or are you just an asshole?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by BCR3 View Post
    My point was Jack shouldn't have inserted himself into that situation in the first place. I mean the dude was fired as the head coach and now he's back sitting in the dugout and running to argue a call.... It's a bad look. I have no issue with Bakich doing what he did and protecting his kids.
    he yelled from the bench. how is that "a bad look" other than from your perspective? the umps became part of the game. I think even some non-partisan people admitted as much.

I think baseball is boring and stupid, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory View Post
    Trailer park trash.
    same question as above.

so, you're a carolina fan and had nothing better to do than JAB and make light of a close loss in what others are calling a damn good baseball game? I just dont get it. have you ever actually watched a pro baseball game from years past? Watching the coach get kicked out is the most exciting part.

but trailer park trash? you really need a life.

Pride month being what it is, Van Raaphorst is a faggot and acted like one.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Zero tolerance policy on assistant coaches arguing anything. Legget should have kept his Yankee ass in the dugout (or Maine) and let Bakich’s Yankee ass coach his own team. But he didn’t and his action led to Bakich getting tossed.

And the trailer park trash element came into play as well,

Great damn game. Weak ass ending. Umps suck.

ETA: Clemson sucks.
    you suck

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    he yelled from the bench. how is that "a bad look" other than from your perspective? the umps became part of the game. I think even some non-partisan people admitted as much.

Soccer says what?!

you suck
    WT

It was a great game to watch. Crighton getting ejected and no one from Florida made absolutely no sense.

Cam Cannarella is one hell of a baseball player.
    Last edited by SCTRKY; 06-10-2024 at 12:44 PM.

Climp5in fans celebrating an exciting loss, and how exciting it was!
    Congratulations, you almost won.

The whole Leggett being there in the first place is just weird. Again it wasn't his place to say anything, that's the head coach's job. Soccer sucks

Anybody throwing dirt on Clemson, their coaches, or this season clearly doesn't know much about baseball.

It was a helluva year, but disappointing that those boys won't get to see Omaha in person again this year.

All signs point to good things in Clemson Baseball's near future. I'm sure proud of this year's team.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!