Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's Up, Fatties...

I did Mtn Tough before my last stone hunt, honestly left a good bit to be desired but it helped and I'm sure its changed alot in the last couple of years.
    Currently doing the Mountain Tactical Inst program 5 days a week, plus two day with weights along with several add ons. I like it. My problem is I quit drinking, strict diet, work my ass off and can't loose a pound.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I did Mtn Tough before my last stone hunt, honestly left a good bit to be desired but it helped and I'm sure its changed alot in the last couple of years.
    Currently doing the Mountain Tactical Inst program 5 days a week, plus two day with weights along with several add ons. I like it. My problem is I quit drinking, strict diet, work my ass off and can't loose a pound.
    Wait, no more Pepsi and Crown!

First I lost Gene and now you! What is this world coming to!!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Ditching carbs and added sugar was the magic bullet for me. I mostly do no carbs but do a carb cycle every few weeks.

Last edited by Short_track_champ; 05-30-2024 at 02:47 PM.

Then your body must be where it wants to be.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by fro View Post

We’ve lost a lot of good men out there
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

I have recently started MTNTough as well. I like the well rounded approach to health they employ.

I quit drinking for two and a half months and lost 20lbs. No big change in diet or exercise, I'm already decently healthy and didn't think I had 20lbs to lose. But it shocked me how much here and there beer or bourbon on weeknights and a few more on the weekends will affect the body. I've slept better than I have in years as well.

I quit for Lent and lost 15. I’ve found about 7 of it back
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Apparently I didn't need to quit alcohol and sugar because it hasn't made a difference.

Might make me one tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

i'm still here for you, fro

i need a better pattern. my mon-thursday is a challenge. I'm healthier fri-sunday.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Turkey season is over so I'm back at the Y 3-5 days a week. Garden is kicking it so I'm eating lots of squash, onions and cucumbers and trying to clean out the freezer so lots of deer meat.

I used to watch the old guys in the gym and think, I want to be like that when I reach their age. It's getting harder and harder to find people older than me there but there's still a few.
    "My resume is the trail of destruction behind me. " Bucky Katt

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Couple weekends ago did a 5k with my 7 year old put on by Run Hard. I didn't train for it just went out and did it with him, he did a lot of walking after the first 3/4 mile and wanted to stop after mile 3 but we finished sub 45 min. Last week, I walked an average of 8 miles a day.

I need to adjust my diet and do more walking at work.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Props to Saltmarsh for running a chainsaw for 3 days straight. I know alot of 30somethings that couldn't have kept up.
    73894332318__988777FC-CEA4-4E62-B5D0-EF0FE856ADE1 (1).jpg