Thread: Wyoming Elk unit 21

Default Wyoming Elk unit 21

Drew General tag and looking to hunt Southern region until 21. Anyone hunted this area including the wilderness area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m just outside of Cheyenne and will be scouting all summer. I’ll find my draw results out soon but will be under general if not. Feel free to pm me and I’ll pass along my number

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

I drew a cow tag for unit 15 (next to 21), but this will be my first time out there.

Quote Originally Posted by wrackmaster View Post
    I drew a cow tag for unit 15 (next to 21), but this will be my first time out there.
    May be the best value out west. Good luck, I doubt this will be your last trip out that way.

Quote Originally Posted by wrackmaster View Post
    I was just north of Encampment 2 weeks ago and saw almost 50-60 elk in 4 different heard.

“… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by duckcommander727 View Post
    I was just north of Encampment 2 weeks ago and saw almost 50-60 elk in 4 different heard.

Nice! I'll be just a few miles west in Jack Creek area.

If you aren't a Wyoming resident, you can't hunt the wilderness without an outfitter. BS.

[QUOTE=acebasinman;3161972]If you aren't a Wyoming resident, you can't hunt the wilderness without an outfitter. BS.[/QUOTE

I am tracking that but have it covered, thanks

I’ll be in 34 on a LQ tag. I’ve poked around in that area a little. Good luck.

I went with a buddy in 2019 who drew a rifle tag in area 35. Gorgeous area for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    I’ll be in 34 on a LQ tag. I’ve poked around in that area a little. Good luck.
    That is a great tag with really good bulls. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of a big ol bull.

I’ve been one point behind for a couple of years. Ponied up for the special and it payed off.