Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bass Pro/Macks PW merge

This completely sucks. Cabelas has been neutered into a shell of its former self and it gives us as consumers less options. Mack’s family sold out in my opinion. They’ve competed with them for all these years and now they sell out. I understand cashing in but it really will kill and dilute an iconic brand. It’s their prerogative but man I just hate going in MPW and seeing a bunch of foam Bass Pro trucker hats.

The kids only kept it long enough to cash in. They didn’t love it like their dad did. Didn’t even make it a whole year… Those that compare this to just any other buyout, how you like Greenville, MS? How about Pine Bluff? Hopefully it can hold on but will more than likely go the way of the rest of the delta unless BPS continues to support and promote the community.
    For the ducks

Quote Originally Posted by huntinghagen#12 View Post
    I got no problem with them merging, but if it’s anything like the Cabela’s merger I’ll be pretty much done as a customer.
    You've got it. I used to be in Cabelas on a regular basis. Years back I had a long talk with one of their head marketing dudes as they began to open up the new retail stores. I bet him that within 10 years they'd be bankrupt or selling out and he, obviously, denied it. Wish I'd documented that bet. I refuse to wear anything with the tacky BP logo on it and don't really bother with their Cabelas line anymore. Macks will end up the same with maybe a clothing line with their white feather on it, and that's probably about it.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Eh, online is where it’s at

Cabelas and bass pro are just outdoor focused versions of wal mart. They are gobbling up Mack’s for the duck niche and will make any brick and mortar stores into the trash cabelas has become. But brick and mortar retail is all but dead so who really cares

I'm all for capitalism, but I'd like to see some sacred cows not get sent to slaughter. Unfortunately, you often can't have both, I get it. Still sad to see that over time it'll likely get transformed just as Cabela's did, and that's saddest part.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Give me two products, both the result of capitalism because that’s how we roll here and I’ll choose quality. It’s not that hard to figure out. Morris has a history of destroying quality, but you are free to buy anything you want.
    Quality is opening up right across the street from Macks
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

^^^^

BPS will screw this up and shove in all their crappy branded stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortMagFan View Post
    Eh, online is where it’s at

Cabelas and bass pro are just outdoor focused versions of wal mart. They are gobbling up Mack’s for the duck niche and will make any brick and mortar stores into the trash cabelas has become. But brick and mortar retail is all but dead so who really cares
    I like to walk into MPW and buy more crap I don’t really need. It’s a destination for all duck hunters when you are within an hour of Stuttgart. Online can’t offer me that experience. Someone’s analogy of BPS being the Wal-mart of outdoor gear is spot on. I don’t go anywhere to visit the local Wal-Mart.

Quote Originally Posted by ceddy View Post
    The kids only kept it long enough to cash in. They didn’t love it like their dad did. Didn’t even make it a whole year… Those that compare this to just any other buyout, how you like Greenville, MS? How about Pine Bluff? Hopefully it can hold on but will more than likely go the way of the rest of the delta unless BPS continues to support and promote the community.
    Big ag has had the same effect on most of rural America.

The consumer has a lot of fault in what’s happened. We chase price over quality and impact on our community.
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Quality is opening up right across the street from Macks
    The common man can’t afford that kind of quality.

Quote Originally Posted by KRT View Post
    Motive to make profit. Some if not most won’t understand.

Bingo , end of day got to make a profit

Folks kill me when they bitch about stuff like this but will shop online stores to save a few dollars

Support your B&M stores as much as possible , we are guilty of clicking and ordering but I try avoid it if possible.

I will not bitch about anyone that sells firearms in this day and age
    Last edited by tprice; 05-19-2024 at 07:13 PM.