Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Back to my roots...

Safe travels brotha
    “If I’d known it would get this bad I’d have never surrendered!” -Robert E. Lee

Awesome stuff and I know your folks will be glad to have you back in SC.

David I'm extremely grateful to you and your Dad for getting Brady connected out there. We're gonna miss him but also can't wait for his journey to begin. Be safe otw home
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I know it sounds corny but the West will never leave you. Best of luck on your next chapter.

Brady better get to posting so we can have more pics from out there. I’m happy for you, David, and strongly admire what you chose to do. This experience will dramatically alter the course of your life for the better. And you were obviously already on a great path.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Safe travels home David
    Member of the Tenth Legion Since 2004

going back thru this thread bc i got something in my eye the first time and couldnt read it all..

the title should be "the making of a man."

we are all molded by our experiences. This one will mold the shit out of you and make you better for it. like mw said, it will ALWAYS be a part of you. so will SC.

also agree with rh(i think it was). extra-ordinary experiences make you extraordinary.
    your future is bright.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Almost welcome back David.. when you get here, me, you, and Roscoe need to get together.. maybe with some blueberry compote, I don't know, just thinking aloud

Rosier, is your son graduating HS? Damn we're old. I remember seeing them running around at hunt tests as little shits.
    Last edited by Birddawg; 05-16-2024 at 12:51 PM.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    going back thru this thread bc i got something in my eye the first time and couldnt read it all..
    You too huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Birddawg View Post
    Rosier, is your son graduating HS? Damn we're old. I remember seeing them running around at hunt tests as little shits.
    Yeah man, we're old. He graduated last May, had a plan that ended up getting pushed back due to a knee injury. Now he's headed to MT next week and we've all realized that maybe his plan wasn't God's plan. To say I'm proud of him for heading west would be a gross understatement.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

"I am a man, not an animal and I always try to conduct myself accordingly. Doing anything less is just giving up and expecting (and being okay) with failure."
    Rubberhead

These last two years will definitely stay with you for the rest of your life. Your online journal and pictures reminded me of my semester spent at a university in Europe, and then nine months after college graduation I relocated to the PNW for a year... and was sent back by the company a year after I returned for a second go-around. My work was less taxing than yours, but the good times, the people you've gotten to know (a number of which are still active friends), and the lessons and tests of character have helped frame you for life, on top of what you already brought to the game, as has been said above.

Great job, and have a safe trip home. The culture shock will take a little getting used to, but the women will love your bow-legged walk.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Thanks for sharing your adventure with us, and good luck with whatever the future holds!

Welcome back home. Says a LOT about you to take on that kind of job 4 days out of HS. Good luck.
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

I'm chime to also say I've enjoyed following along on your adventure.

So what's the plan for the next chapter aside from hurricanes and mosquitoes?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Good on you for doing that! I can’t imagine the experiences. I left SC 3 years after High School, been all over the world a few times, came back to SC for 4 years and have been in Wyoming for 5 months. SC will always be home, but the more I explore this area and meet the people I don’t see myself going back east.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Job well done. It’s been one hell of an awesome journey and experience and we are glad to get you back closer to home. Enjoyed all my visits and getting to know everyone in the valley over the last couple years. You definitely made your mark on that piece of heaven as I also know that place has left its mark on you.

Safe travels, son.

IMG_9598.jpg

IMG_9599.jpg

IMG_9600.jpg

IMG_9601.jpg

IMG_9602.jpg
    Last edited by GBelly; 05-22-2024 at 07:19 PM.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Awesomeness!
    I had an ant farm once......them fellas didn't grow shit.

G did you at least King ropes hat?

Good job David
    cut\'em

Oh yea
    Got a few from there.
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!