Thread: Mallards for sale

Default Mallards for sale

On Facebook. Y’all be sure to give the fuck wad immortal hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could use a few of those for the oven. How much are they asking?

My dog is bored, do they ship?
    For the ducks

If those mallards are "up for discussion" then why aren't we talking to them?
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

I hope more folks were able to listen to Dr. Phil Levretsky while he is here in SC. I sat in on the Waterfowl Advisory Committee meeting yesterday in Newberry. Dr. Levretsky laid out the reality of the harm released mallards have done and are doing to our Atlantic Flyway
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    I hope more folks were able to listen to Dr. Phil Levretsky while he is here in SC. I sat in on the Waterfowl Advisory Committee meeting yesterday in Newberry. Dr. Levretsky laid out the reality of the harm released mallards have done and are doing to our Atlantic Flyway
    I listened to him in Camden last night. I hope he breaks things wide open when his work gets published and DNRs, legislatures, DU, and Delta can't ignore it anymore.

Gotta get that peer review

I’m about to get about 20 for the pond at my house
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Quote Originally Posted by WNM View Post
    I listened to him in Camden last night. I hope he breaks things wide open when his work gets published and DNRs, legislatures, DU, and Delta can't ignore it anymore.
    It was like right next to my office, I knew two of the guys putting it on... and some how have been busy and aloof enough to not think about it until a cousin of mine mentioned it yesterday afternoon. He went, I kinda wish I could have cleared out time.

Thank you! I actually need more birds for training my usual guy is running behind.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Good thing is he isn’t the only one doing research on them. There are multiple biologists on board and what I’ve been hearing they are getting real close to putting a stop to this before the mallard becomes the next Canada goose.
    "I'm just a victim of a circumstance"

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    Good thing is he isn’t the only one doing research on them. There are multiple biologists on board and what I’ve been hearing they are getting real close to putting a stop to this before the mallard becomes the next Canada goose.
    Fat cat campaign contributors love them some tame mallards. We can't get a biologically sound turkey season worked out due to politicians playing into constituents wants. Once you figure in the money these "hunters" pour into their duck clubs and I doubt you'll have a politician with the stones to make a move on tamie ducks.

Went to the meeting in spartanburg monday night , and its pretty obvious the tamies are frigging up the wild mallard genetics . But , as he said , all he can do is provide the data....hopefully , the right politicians will listen the the evidence,not the money . Highly doubtful though .
    If it aint got 8 toes & a green head,it aint a duck.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

I was there as well. Great info. Hope it does break things wide open but a lot of money going against it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    It was like right next to my office, I knew two of the guys putting it on... and some how have been busy and aloof enough to not think about it until a cousin of mine mentioned it yesterday afternoon. He went, I kinda wish I could have cleared out time.
    we cousins? wassup cuz

There were influential folks in attendance at the Waterfowl Advisory Council meeting. There were 3 or 4 of us regular Joe's in attendance as well. The presentation by Dr. Levretsky hit hard that we have screwed up our ducks.

As a layman duck hunter for nearly 49 years I hope and pray that the fellas who have supported releasing ducks have a big change of heart and lead our legislators to put an immediate and permanent end to releasing mallards.
    Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Are these tamies or just farm ducks? You know Tractor Supply sells em by the hundreds every spring right? I don't think that enclosure is for raising "mallards" that can fly. They're just big fat flightless birds that look like mallards. They do taste great though...

Quote Originally Posted by CurLee View Post
    Are these tamies or just farm ducks? You know Tractor Supply sells em by the hundreds every spring right? I don't think that enclosure is for raising "mallards" that can fly. They're just big fat flightless birds that look like mallards. They do taste great though...
    Dr. Lavretsky referred to them as "Game-Farm" mallards, So I think he is referring to tamies, versus the tractor supply chics.

Ha J, naw.. I did just talk to my cousin about it, I'm sure I'll get another run down. Seemed like our picture taking release pond hunters didn't attempt to come either.