Thread: Push Mower Question

Default Push Mower Question

Haven’t owned a push mower in years. Been getting by with a zero turn and weed eater. Have a small area of grass that I need to cut around a building that is not at my house. Just a little too big for a weed eater, and I don’t want to have to load my zero turn on trailer and haul it every time I need to cut. Been paying someone to cut it for years, but it is not really worth their time any more. Does anyone have any experience with a battery push mower? Have you had it for multiple years, and it still works? Are they worth it? Probably a twenty minute job with a small push mower. Throwing around the idea of one of those vs a cheap gas one.

Neighbor has one for three years now. Hasn’t had a problem. His old gas one was in the shop every year do to not running ethanol free gas.

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

We have a had a Stihl for a couple of years at work, no issues.

They have gotten them figured out and are very reliable. Keep one at the beach due to it sitting a lot and not wanting to worry about gas.
    Carolina Counsel

EGO and don’t look back.

I have all the good gas powered stuff…zero turn, backpack blower, stihl chainsaw and weed eater, etc but I’ve also built an arsenal of ego battery powered tools to include their push mower to cut around the pool and back side of the pavilion. They will never do what I need in the country, but here in town they get used more than my gas powered tools.

Simple gas mower without any stupid bells and whistles. Run non ethanol gas.

Or, stroke the EV cock. When your 58v dies and they replace it with 59.575v, throw that old shit in the landfill and buy the new stuff cause your old shit is obsolete. Rinse. Repeat.

Get you a Craigslist Honda and run ethanol free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Don’t fill tank if it won’t be used for a while and run gas out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

nailed it...
    "If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die, I want to go where they went."
    Will Rogers

Friend has a battery toro. It’s awesome.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

I buy push mowers from an old man that goes around and picks up one's that won't run. He repairs them and sells them for 40 bucks. I use non ethanol gas and run them til they blow up and go back and get another one.

Sounds exactly like what I need. Need to find someone locally selling them cheap.