Bible Study Verse

I Peter 1:24,25
For, "ALL FLESH IS LIKE GRASS, AND ALL ITS GLORY LIKE THE FLOWER OF GRASS. THE GRASS WITHERS, AND THE FLOWER FALLS OFF, BUT THE WORD OF THE LORD ENDURES FOREVER "

And this is the word which was preached to you. (NASB)

Thoughts:

I was recently hiking at a place called Mingus Mountain when I came upon something that looked like grass, with blue flowers growing out of it. Because I work in the area of landscape maintenance in North Central Arizona, I can really see how temporary the beauty of grass can be. Water and nutrients are necessary to grow rich healthy grass. Even when we water and fertilize regularly, we struggle to keep our football and baseball fields green where I work. (TH)

Action Point:

It's a humbling thought to think that our flesh is as frail as grass and our personal glory could be likened to the little delicate flowers of the grass that last such a short time. In stark contrast, we can see that God's Word is just the opposite. It has, and will stand when all else fails. It's a no-brainer as to where we should place our trust.

Sportsmen's Tip of the Day:

Whenever you are hiking in the woods, notice distinctive landmarks. If there are not any, make your own. One idea is to make an arrow with two sticks to indicate which way you should go. This can be really comforting when you start getting that lost feeling and it's getting late. (This really helped us on our last hike where I took the above photo of the the flowers.)