Thread: Friends first buck

Default Friends first buck

Took a buddy of mine to my place in McCormick this past weekend with the intent on him killing his first buck. He had killed his first deer opening weekend up there and was hoping to shoot a buck this time. He sat a few stands and had an encounter with 2 bucks chasing a doe but was not able to get a good shot on 1. I put him in a stand that borders a clear cut that is starting to rebound and has chest high brush growing now. He got in the stand around 230 and got settled in. He had talked about how cool it would be to have a buck walk out of the cutdown, and how it would be cool to see just the tip of the horns above the brush. Well Sat AM all of the stars aligned and it happened. There were several shots right at daylight on the surrounding properties then it went silent for about an hour or 2. Then another couple of shots and I knew the deer were gonna be moving now that the sun was up and it was starting to warm up. He just happened to be looking at the right spot at the right time and caught a glimpse of horns above the brush and put steps this fella. He said the deer instantly locked eyes with him and thought the deer was gonna bolt. The deer turned to the left and sort of trotted off. As soon as the deer got behind a tree, my buddy grabbed his rifle and picked an opening in the trees for the shot. Quartering shot that was waayy back but dropped the buck in itr tracks. He texted me saying he got a 6pt and I told him to wait incase something else stepped out. I made him wait about 30 min before we walked over to where he was sitting. Got down out of the stand and we walked to the edge of the woods and found his buck piled up. To day he was excited was an understatement. Nice little 8pt, maybe 14" and about 140lbs. He said a little prayer over the buck and thanked the man above for the opportunity to harvest the deer. Deer was dropped off at Pernells this am to be mounted and proudly hung on the wall as his first buck.20221119_093422.jpgIMG_2949.jpgScreenshot_20221119-094551_Messages.jpg
    every expert was once a beginner

Awesome!

Congrats!

That's awesome, congrats!

good stuff
    "Check your premise." Dr. Hugh Akston

Nice!

As good as it gets right there, congrats!

Fine scrotum totin’.

Good deal!!

Love to see it!

Congrats!!
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Well done.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

good stuff
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that! Good for him!

If a man is alone in the woods, says something, and a woman does not hear, is he still wrong?

Bipartisan usually means that a larger-than-usual deception is being carried out. —George Carlin

Common sense is not a gift. It's a punishment because you have to deal with everyone else who doesn't have it.

Sweet