Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hoax called in STATEWIDE of School Shooters just now

Quote Originally Posted by BoykinBeau View Post
    My daughter is a 7th grader at RAMS and I just happened to be home yesterday pouring my new driveway (40 yards of concrete) when I got the call from my wife. I left the concrete with the crew and raced to the school. Anderson County Sheriffs Office did an amazing job and was very timely as well as the school district. My biggest complaint is about the crazy parents cussing out LEO and not abiding by what they were told to do. I sat back on a hill and watched as a medium sized group of adults tried to move past LEO boundaries. This required 15-20 officers to leave the school and help contain parents. I finally heard from my daughter via text message around 11:50 saying she was OK and she loved me. I was finally able to get some peace and began to clear my head of all the negative thoughts running rampant. I applaud ACSO for their hard work and timely response to the situation. People need to learn respect again and in a hurry. Had I been a LEO yesterday I would have lost my job.
    Before reading, I AM NOT CRITICIZING YOUR ACTIONS, I am simply curious.

What was your plan upon arrival at the school? Did you take a gun? I would think “getting up on a hill” that you had a scoped rifle of some sorts. On the way to the school, what were you thinking you would do to improve the situation? I have two children that had “modified lock down” yesterday, and were less than 2 miles from where I was sitting at the time. Heading up to the school never crossed my mind. I am just curious as to your mindset.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    its just not that simple once they get a phone.....bc parents are afraid to tell their kids no. I may have said this a fucking million times on here but no one ever takes a moment to think about it.

and this!

i remember after the boston marathon bombing, USC was shut down because someone left a backpack next to the bus stop.

think about that.

We have become a society of crazy people. I have kids in school, too, but sure as hell aint gonna freak out all the damn time. call it what you want. its realistic.

and all this "fuck china" and Putin is the devil is hypocritical bullshit and you know it. not a damn one of you is erasing tik tok off your phones or heaven forbid having a discussion with your wives about this stuff. because you love your kids so much and want them to have everything.
    A bit chilly out this morning. Thanks for warming things up wit dat fiya.
    - "My dad used to tell me that nothing good happens when you take your AR to an out of town riot. Or maybe it was that nothing good happens after 1:00 in the morning. I can't remember any more." - Wob

- "Any thought of romance went out the window when I saw the Ohio plates" - Squirrel Master

Probably the fbi testing police response time to see which school will be best to install another psychopath with Daniel defense rifles. It's the only way to turn fence riding voters to ban guns

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    bitter?
    hardly.

I'm baffled by this world we live in. Trust me, I know not to let this get to me. You should see me bitter....
    I agree with what you said toof.

But dang it is still just too early to be so “riled” up.
    Is riled better? I think so.

My wife and son are at two of the schools that were affected yesterday. I received some inside info from PD about the calls that were placed, and it's chilling, and whoever made the calls should be seriously punished. My son was in lockdown for about 3 hours, and it was warranted. The school, the PD, and the principal especially did an amazing job. I received probably 5 calls throughout the day prom the principal assuring that all students were safe, and updating on the situation.

i'll take riled.

in this age of (mis)information, its hard to be a parent. good to hear the schools communicate well...
    Last edited by 2thDoc; 10-06-2022 at 08:11 AM.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by tprice View Post
    From my updates we had great responses at RAMS today and seems everyone did as they were trained. I guess in a weird thought this at least showed us how everyone reacted. Scared crap out of parents thanks to FB mostly but that is completely understandable , hell even the Anderson County Coroner showed up at RAMS and that really sent people over the edge

Looking forward to the briefing tomorrow and end of day glad it was just a HOAX, damn right scary and had knots in my stomach when I got the first texts/emails but able to sleep better tonight
    You are right, take the positive from this experience. For us in Charleston, we had some minor issues but that was at the command post and communication. One thing that was not a problem, was our LEOs, FF, and EMS response to the situation and their non-hesitant actions of entering the hot zone as we call it.

Right after we had a quick hot-wash to discuss those minor issues and an initiative to do an after action to correct those issues.

I had knots in my stomach the entire way responding.
    Last edited by TJ_11; 10-06-2022 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Before reading, I AM NOT CRITICIZING YOUR ACTIONS, I am simply curious.

What was your plan upon arrival at the school? Did you take a gun? I would think “getting up on a hill” that you had a scoped rifle of some sorts. On the way to the school, what were you thinking you would do to improve the situation? I have two children that had “modified lock down” yesterday, and were less than 2 miles from where I was sitting at the time. Heading up to the school never crossed my mind. I am just curious as to your mindset.
    My only thought was for my child's safety. I sat on the hill so I could have a complete view of the front of the school. I sat that far away because I had a good open view of the school front and could see everything. I didn't want to crowd LEO as there were already 150-175 bystanders there. I figured it best to stay out of the way. My thought driving there was to just get there to see if what I was hearing was correct, because we hadn't been informed by school or district at that time. I wasn't planning on sitting by and watching while something unfolded like it did in Texas. At the time I received a call from my wife we were just told it was an active shooter, not just lock down. I had no plans of going in guns blazing. Nor did I want to interfere I just wanted to know if in fact there was a situation and my child's safety.

Now let me ask you. Would your actions have been the same if you heard there was an active shooter at your children's school, and you hadn't heard from the school district but news outlets and social media were going crazy with info?

Robo calls have been happening around the country. No arrest so far, my tinfoil says someone with an agenda. Biden Tweeted about banning assaults weapons (semi-autos) after the calls, could be a coincidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only thought was for my child's safety. I sat on the hill so I could have a complete view of the front of the school. I sat that far away because I had a good open view of the school front and could see everything. I didn't want to crowd LEO as there were already 150-175 bystanders there. I figured it best to stay out of the way. My thought driving there was to just get there to see if what I was hearing was correct, because we hadn't been informed by school or district at that time. I wasn't planning on sitting by and watching while something unfolded like it did in Texas. At the time I received a call from my wife we were just told it was an active shooter, not just lock down. I had no plans of going in guns blazing. Nor did I want to interfere I just wanted to know if in fact there was a situation and my child's safety.

Now let me ask you. Would your actions have been the same if you heard there was an active shooter at your children's school, and you hadn't heard from the school district but news outlets and social media were going crazy with info?
    I can’t say. I can think of hundreds of times in my life, and have likely forgotten more, where I thought I would react a certain way in a situation, but reacted differently in the moment. As crazy as it sounds, I believe I would defer to law enforcement. They are trained to deal with things, and I am not. I can’t see my presence doing any more than complicating things for them. Of course I want to know the status of my children, and of course I want to provide them comfort as soon as possible. However, we have years and years for that after the threat is handled by professionals.

Again, no criticism. I was simply curious about your plan upon arrival. I assure you that a bunch of hysterical mommas aren’t helping anything.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I assure you that a bunch of hysterical mommas aren’t helping anything.
    This is very true. It would also be very unwise to declare on the internet what you (anyone, not a specific member here) would do if you pulled up and it was something like uvalde.
    Miner's Daughter's Coal Train 'Rosco'

"The only human quality he lacks is speech" -Alfred Brehm

I didn't take 2th's post as him being angry or riled up. I thought what he stated was pretty straight forward.

Parents as a whole do seem to have a hard time telling kids no these days. I would venture to guess that holds true to a greater degree with families who do well financially and live in more urban or suburban areas rather than rural areas. Pay attention to the student parking lot the next time you drive by a high school in Columbia, Charleston, Greenville, etc. They are littered with very nice and expensive vehicles. I'm sure there are some kids who have worked hard and have a financial stake in their vehicles, but I'm also betting those types of kids are the outliers. All humans, including kids, need to struggle in order to grow. Giving little Johnny the finest shotgun on the market and buying him a brand new truck the day he gets his license isn't necessarily going to make him a bad adult, but it's not teaching him in life lessons if he hasn't truly earned it.

As for the potential active shooter situations, trkykilr made a great point. We all talk about how we would handle a situation or are quick to criticize how someone else handled a situation. Very few of us truly know how we will react until we're in it. The best are the "I would've killed..." or "I would've beaten someone's ass" guys. Most of the guys who talk about all they would do are the ones who likely wouldn't do anything.

you like to dove hunt?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I’ve always hated parents say they want their kids to have it better than them. I understand the sentiment, but every kid needs to struggle and be deprived to a certain degree for their own development.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    Giving little Johnny the finest shotgun on the market and buying him a brand new truck the day he gets his license isn't necessarily going to make him a bad adult, but it's not teaching him in life lessons if he hasn't truly earned it.
    It also sets them up for failure when they try to maintain that lifestyle on their own and they can't when they start making their own money.

Client of mine was in the office this am, said he did same thing His grandson is student at RAMS, he saw all the LEO's and then found out what was going on He took off over there and said really not sure why but he just stood back and watched what all was going on

He was for many years a reserve Deputy and knew to stand back away from the area , he did tell me like you that some parents were over the top and he was afraid it was going to turn out bad