Thread: Poult Report: 2022

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by FULLCHOKE View Post
    Now that I can agree on. A lot of research is looking into that now I believe. I made that statement a year or so back on here specifically regarding the upstate when corn became legal in zones 1 and 2 .

Sounds like you need to hunt harder though if you think that SC public land is not "good"...
    My man, I have hunted my freakin butt off here. Just as I did in when we lived in Tennessee and also in the upper midwest when I lived in MN for 3 years. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who puts in the effort I put in, but I do have limited time. My career is demanding, plus I lose 50% of my opportunity because we can't hunt public here on Sundays. I only have access to hunt public land. Did the hunt club thing one year, absolutely hated it.

Took me 3 seasons to finally kill a turkey here, which was this past season. I did miss one on the last Saturday of WMA season during my 1st Spring here. I about wanted to cry lol. In Minnesota we got 1 week to kill a turkey and I killed my bird all 3 seasons in that short time, on public land, without a decoy. One time even did it with a bow (NO BLIND). Some years I'd buy tags to neighboring states and had great success on public land, only took 2 or 3 days. The public land deer hunting up there, man they're like squirrels. On average I'd see more deer on one public land hunt up there than I see all season here.

I'm not the best hunter, not even a life long hunter, but I work my butt off and kill stuff. I've just had the most frustrating time since moving to SC of any state I've hunted. I see fewer game animals of every species I've pursued than I did in other state's public land.

I know I have a lot to learn but if you ever believed anything I say, please believe that I put in the effort. I'm far from lazy with anything I do. With that being said, I'll try to tone down some of my venting. We all get carried away sometimes.
    Last edited by JimmyD714; 06-30-2022 at 01:05 PM.