Thread: High tide vs fast craft

Default High tide vs fast craft

Looking at buying a high tide or fastcraft Or a similar style boat winyah etc. mostly used for crusing the river maybe a little hunting and fishing but just wondering the main differences and pros and cons.
    “My names Thrane Tuck an I don’t give a fuck” - T-bone

I’ve had a high tide and have a falcon. The high tide was more versatile for fishing and cruising. I mainly use my falcon for hunting. I do bass fish out of it a little, but you’re limited because it’s not fun in rough water. I have sunk it 3-4 times in the last 15 years I’ve had it.
    867-5309

What he said^^ Fast Craft is meant for calm water and big motors. High Tide will handle the rough water a little better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

Similar design.

Fast craft will be lighter. Thus, faster.

Both are meant for the river, but can be used just about anywhere on the right day.

Both are nice rigs in the small class.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

How do the high tides last vs fastcrafts are they a little more durable i guess?

Can’t speak to a fast craft but a high tide will roll on it side if you hit a wake or wave wrong while running. Just an FYI
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler