Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dave Chappell "The Closer"

Default Dave Chappell "The Closer"

Watched his Netflix special last night.

He's a smart fucker, lives to push your personal boundaries and after watching the show last night, respect the fuck out of him.

Take away, while there were a few laughs, he was pretty light on humor and shot both barrels at the easily offended (the alphabet club), getting center mass both times.

Watch it. It's good.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

He gets it, and he doesn't care what you think.

It was good and on point. Everything now a days is centered around coddling those with alternative lifestyles. The most impactful part of that show to me was about the rapper who shot and killed someone in Walmart and crickets. But make a comment that offensive to gays? Time to end his career and take away his ability to provide for him and his because gay people's feelings trumps all else.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

You know it is good, because they are trying to cancel him. There was an attempted coup at Netflix at the CEOs office and several transgender and gay employees were fired over it. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    You know it is good, because they are trying to cancel him. There was an attempted coup at Netflix at the CEOs office and several transgender and gay employees were fired over it. MG
    Nice to see netflix has some balls (that correspond to their biological gender). Hopefully we will see more companies taking troublemakers to task.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...marks-80529016
    Last edited by everlast; 10-13-2021 at 08:49 AM.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Like Eddie Murphy and Richard Pryor before him. I like Chappell's stuff. Folks seem to forget how weird they are and that it's OK to laugh about yourself.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Red Foxx, Pryor, Carlin & Murphy brought it!!! Chapelle is funny too.

It was on point.

I put on an episode of Chapelle's show a few months ago. It was after hours in the office while we were catching up on paperwork. Most of the folks that work for me are 30 and under. They didn't "get it". Didn't think it was funny. I realized that humor now is a 10 second tik tok clip. Anything more than that they can't process.

Broad brush sweeping generalization, I know.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I put on an episode of Chapelle's show a few months ago. It was after hours in the office while we were catching up on paperwork. Most of the folks that work for me are 30 and under. They didn't "get it". Didn't think it was funny. I realized that humor now is a 10 second tik tok clip. Anything more than that they can't process.

Broad brush sweeping generalization, I know.
    Pretty spot on. Most vet techs are fairly liberal too. Hell most of the new fisheries and wildlife bios are pretty far left also.

I think it's the training (indoctrination) that anything offensive is abhorrent, not funny.

It's a steady slide down the hill IMO.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

College is a breeding ground for liberals, and it seems liberals lack a sense of humor, so no real surprise there.

Chappelle is laughing all the way to bank as the cupcakes try to cancel him. Good on him for seeing and saying what we pretty much all know and believe: the left is crazy!

And good on Netflix for having a backbone. I wonder if it's because they support the view of the right? Do they agree with it, or are they indifferent? Or do they just see the dollar signs called profit and just tolerate it?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-13-2021 at 09:33 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Omitted Redd Foxx unintentionally. My Dad had an affinity for Vegas. He saw Foxx many times. Said he was the nastiest, dirtiest most hilarious comedian ever. He took my Mom to see him. She didn't get it. Here's why..

My Dad often told us that the secret to a happy life was to marry a woman with big breasts . Later on I learned from my Mom that Redd Foxx told that joke in the show that they attended. They were up pretty close to the stage and Foxx called my parents out by pointing at my Dad and saying " That man right there is the happiest MFer in the building"

My Mom was apoplectic. Dad had to suffer with that for a while . He still smiled telling the story after Mom spilled the beans.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

I just Googled apoplectic.

And I'm going back to watch his show from 2019, Sticks & Stones.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

All in the Family is free with ads on IMDB and Amazon Prime. If you aren't familiar, you owe it to yourself to tune in.

Nitro, great story about Redd Foxx. LOL.

What's strange about today's 30-somethings not "getting" the old Chapelle show is it was really popular when most of them were in high school. The bright high school kids were really into Chapelle's comedy because it made you stop and think.

What's "wrong" with many comedians today -- particularly late night show hosts -- is they aren't funny unless you're on their wavelength politically already. They're no better than class clowns performing for their friends. Class clowns will bomb at the local comedy club.

The real test for a comedian is how well their bits go over in short three minute plays on satellite radio. If people who've never heard of you laugh - like the average guy driving to or from work -- he or she is on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    Omitted Redd Foxx unintentionally. My Dad had an affinity for Vegas. He saw Foxx many times. Said he was the nastiest, dirtiest most hilarious comedian ever. He took my Mom to see him. She didn't get it. Here's why..

My Dad often told us that the secret to a happy life was to marry a woman with big breasts . Later on I learned from my Mom that Redd Foxx told that joke in the show that they attended. They were up pretty close to the stage and Foxx called my parents out by pointing at my Dad and saying " That man right there is the happiest MFer in the building"

My Mom was apoplectic. Dad had to suffer with that for a while . He still smiled telling the story after Mom spilled the beans.

Exactly. They brought it...

Bert Kreischer is pretty damn good also.

Doesn’t hold a lot back.

Bert Kreischer is pretty damn good also.

Doesn’t hold a lot back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Exactly. They brought it...
    My Mom tried to get her revenge, Told Dad she wanted to see Elvis in Vegas. My Pops high rollered some tickets up front. He had a guy. Took the neighbor and his wife along for a trip across the desert.

Mom drank a bunch of Harvey Wallbanger's in the car as the story goes, and half way through the show snatched her drawers off and threw them on stage. My Dad just laughed his azz off.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    My Mom tried to get her revenge, Told Dad she wanted to see Elvis in Vegas. My Pops high rollered some tickets up front. He had a guy. Took the neighbor and his wife along for a trip across the desert.

Mom drank a bunch of Harvey Wallbanger's in the car as the story goes, and half way through the show snatched her drawers off and threw them on stage. My Dad just laughed his azz off.
    He was the original panty dropper. Had an aunt who rushed the stage & tried to shove her tongue down his throat. She swore they had a "moment". I swear it was all in her head.

This all occured in the early '70s and my folks were young SoCali Beach kids . They had some fun together for sure.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.