Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Horses and Deer

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    But, with that said, the pics in post #30 are not of a deer with a <17” inside spread……
    It makes you wonder if there are 2 different deer with nearly identical racks. I just think there’s some distance/angle distortion that some tech/video/photo guru could explain that creates the illusion of him being so much wider. For the tech people. The deer was 100+ yards before I could start getting him on film. So pics are 100-150 yards on a Sony NX80 video camera with manual focus filming in 1080 HD and zoomed as much as the optical and digital zoom would go. Maybe there’s something in that that would explain why pics looked so much bigger. Or maybe he has a Brutus twin.
    “I can’t wait ‘till I’m grown” is the stupidest @!#* I ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by WhitewaterDuck View Post

Now this deer has the 200" frame. Eye to nose distance is roughly 8" and that just dosen't lie. This deer has what it takes to make 200" as a typical. Mine, while a damn beast, just didn't have the frame. He is a relatively young deer too. He was 250#; the deer I killed last year was >300# and woulda stomped a mudhole in this deer. He just didn't have the number of points or tine length to make the books. Regardless, I am definitely living the dream. I can not believe that I've landed smack in the middle of arguably the best whitetail hunitng anywhere and the little bit of access I have is polluted with them...and has 200" genetics all over it to boot.

Here is the green score scoresheet. I'll re-do it tomorrow with a proper tape and with the taxidermist double checking me. 178 4/8 gross. I don't give a rats about Net until I kill one that requires I concern myself with it. I take the green gross score, because that is what is indicitive of what the deer was toting on his head when I killed him.

I agree with caring about the gross green score
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Looking at the scoresheet…why is the final so low? It’s showing 30” difference between gross and net.

Great buck, no matter the inches. Congrats. That mass is an inch monster for sure.
    Last edited by joshua2; 10-09-2021 at 12:52 PM.
    "George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to defeat the British, he shot them."

I see now…so you subtract the abnormal inches from the total score without the abnormal pints added in? That makes no sense at all. So if the deer did not grow that ~12 inches of bone, he’d score 12” more? I always thought that a deer didn’t get credit for abnormal points or side to side differences…which is stupid enough, but I didn’t realize that they subtracted the abnormal points without adding them in the first place. So a perfectly symmetrical 170” deer with two 10” drop tines would gross 190 but net 150? That’s about as stupid as it gets right there.

Yes, you lose the inches in the splits, etc. you need to do the world a favor and share a pic of the deer straight on. Also, The splits say it’s the same deer, but I’m having a hard time reconciling the spread difference. Either way, man, That’s a damn stud of a WTBD and I wish I had killed it and not you or anyone else,

Congrats again!

I’ve always promoted my own scoring method I like to call the “Displacement Method”. Dunk the rack in water up to the burrs and measure the delta v, cause we all know there’s no replacement for displacement

Not the same deer.

I agree. Damn good deer. Looks like it's the little brother of the first pictures you posted.

It's why there is a typical and non typical scoring category in B&C.
    It's also why I've only entered two bucks into any scoring records.... Fuk net scoring!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I keep coming back to see new pictures.

FWIW, it is most certainly the same deer.

That's all the pics I got. It was 0130 by the time we started cutting on him, and it was raining from when I found him till when we got him to the skinning rack. Now that I have the place leased, I'll have cameras up. By mid summer, I plan on having 9 cuddelink cameras all around and through that place, so if he does have a big bro, I'll get him on camera.

That's all the pics I got. It was 0130 by the time we started cutting on him, and it was raining from when I found him till when we got him to the skinning rack. Now that I have the place leased, I'll have cameras up. By mid summer, I plan on having 9 cuddelink cameras all around and through that place, so if he does have a big bro, I'll get him on camera.
    If he has a daddy I hope you get him. Nice work.

What are your plans for displaying him?

I remembered I did a short vid of recovery. Tried to upload to imgur and post here, but it keeps saying something about not parsing something. So, here are some screen shots. Sorry, but this truly is all the dang photos I have.

;;;;
    Last edited by WhitewaterDuck; 10-10-2021 at 12:50 AM.

Congratulations
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1

Quote Originally Posted by JOHNSON View Post

If he does, I'll certainly be trying. I'm going to get a Joe Coombs 9800 series full sneak full wall pedistal walking R to L like he was when I first saw him the day I shot him. I'm still holding the antlers to my deer fromn last year, so It's going to be a while before I get him back. My dude is a busy man with all the species that roll thru his door on a daily basis.

I would nail them things to a board and tack up on my wall.

Why are pics not showing up?

I use the cuddelink system and really like it. I run 9 cameras as well. I assume these are something you already own? If not, be sure to do the research on battery management.

Congrats on this deer...very nice for sure.