Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I-73

Default I-73

Pedro is going to be pissed.

The stretch of 31 from 501 to 544 cost 55 million in 2003.

the last time I headed that way, I went down 378.. that's the route I took back and forth between Coastal. It had been like twenty years, they've four laned a lot of it. It was peaceful as all get out, then Conway..

Conway is a cluster and has been and will be. Went down that way after about 29 years after selling out and all we could do was look at each other and say "damn where all these cars going".
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

That part of the state is lost.

The only thing it will do is drive more farming out and replace it with 1/3 acre parcels full of $120,000-$150,000 cookie cutter homes full of people who perform service jobs, i.e. dont make a tangible good.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    That part of the state is lost.

The only thing it will do is drive more farming out and replace it with 1/3 acre parcels full of $120,000-$150,000 cookie cutter homes full of people who perform service jobs, i.e. dont make a tangible good.
    When's the last time you priced a cookie cutter. I passed a neighborhood the other day that said starting at low 500,000 . They were starting low 300,000 a year ago. They gotta pay for that sky high lumber somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Huntinjunkie View Post
    When's the last time you priced a cookie cutter. I passed a neighborhood the other day that said starting at low 500,000 . They were starting low 300,000 a year ago. They gotta pay for that sky high lumber somehow
    In that part of the state? Never. Dirt, yes. Houses, no.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The lack of industry in Horry could easily be blamed on being an hour to the closest interstate.
    Also every where I go in the state with a sizable population it’s propping up cookie cutters left and right.

But the outright, complete takeover of the county by Yankees is undeniable.

Hell we had a LGBTQFKgGkGFk event in downtown Conway the past Friday night. They had a drag queen play in the theatre on main.

I started out with a counter argument but in the end I agree with you. This part of the state is lost.
    Last edited by Cwaysvt; 10-05-2021 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cwaysvt View Post
    I started out with a counter argument but in the end I agree with you. This part of the state is lost.
    I hate it too. It was a great place a few decades ago. I used to kill ducks in the white point swash, and where barefoot landing is now.

When half of my graduating class goes out in public dressed like the all star cast of Jersey Shore (i.e. bedazzeled skinny jeans, slicked back hair, and fancy embroidered shirts...) it's a zero sum game anymore.

I can’t count the amount of farms around me that have been sold to developers in the past year. I wish everything east of the water way would fall into the ocean and take the yankee transplants with it.

If you asked me id say east of the waccamaw but im further south than you I believe.

If you asked me id say east of the waccamaw but im further south than you I believe.
    East of 22.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Go ahead and scour Marion and Dillon Counties too. They were supposed to guard the gate and those fuckers let all that shit right through.

It was local-natives who sold out to development, gents. You're hating the symptoms of the illness but giving the virus a pass. Some of the finest grits-eating Horry families are the very reason why you have a neighbor from Ah-Hi-Ya, proving that some things never change about America, North or South.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    East of 22.
    I live on one side and the farm is on the other. We need to move that line about 1/4 mile.

I’m in the heart of UCLA, basically right in between Conway, Aynor and Loris.

10-4 I’m out on cates bay.

I hear you weekender. My family’s from Fairfield and Pickens county which ain’t anything to brag about but I was born and raised here and it’s home.

Can’t really blame most for selling. Kinda like holding onto a sinking ship at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Go ahead and scour Marion and Dillon Counties too. They were supposed to guard the gate and those fuckers let all that shit right through.
    Come on now. We had them stopped at the border for years and then the MSM started covering the border crisis and the Yankee's realized the were stopping at the NC/SC line.