Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Quiet Time Accountability Group...

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    can't i just keep texting you with random shit? I dont have to join the cool kids group PM, right? I dont do groups....
    As long as I can keep texting you tooth questions on the weekend.

of course!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

A bunch of them middle books are just covers of the original. Matthew had a hit then all them other fellers jumped on board.

so 2th texts others at the buttcrack of dawn?

I'm up anyways

and I've got one texting group, that's all I need. I feel like Glenn and I discuss important things via text at times.

Not a hijack (for my profession, getting off of social media is not an option); however, several years ago my New Year's resolution was to read a chapter of the Gospel of John each day. At that time, I had not read much of John as I found it difficult and altogether different from the Synoptical Gospels. There are only 21 chapters so I was able to read it 17 times during the course of the year.

As a goal, it was specific and achievable, both very important elements to any success.

How different is the Gospel of John? Well, the author encapsulates Genesis until Jesus as an adult in the first five verses (This is taught in seminary, not my opinion). John 1:1-5 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...5&version=NRSV

The author closes the chapter, in what can only be seen as the most honest conceit ever written as:

"This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true; but there are also many other things that Jesus did; if all of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself would not contain the books that would be written." John 21:24-25

Just a recommendation, it had a great effect on me. Carry on, MG
    Last edited by Maggie Glover; 12-30-2020 at 11:06 AM. Reason: for references to be added
    Dum Spiro Spero

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Not a hijack (for my profession, getting off of social media is not an option); however, several years ago my New Year's resolution was to read a chapter of the Gospel of John each day. At that time, I had not read much of John as I found it difficult and altogether different from the Synoptical Gospels. There are only 21 chapters so I was able to read it 17 times during the course of the year.

As a goal, it was specific and achievable, both very important elements to any success.

How different is the Gospel of John? Well, the author encapsulates Genesis until Jesus as an adult in the first five verses (This is taught in seminary, not my opinion). John 1:1-5 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...5&version=NRSV

The author closes the chapter, in what can only be seen as the most honest conceit ever written as:

"This is the disciple who is testifying to these things and has written them, and we know that his testimony is true; but there are also many other things that Jesus did; if all of them were written down, I suppose that the world itself would not contain the books that would be written." John 21:24-25

Just a recommendation, it had a great effect on me. Carry on, MG
    John is a great read. It's why being in the Word daily is so important.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life,[a] and the life was the light of men. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness, to bear witness about the light, that all might believe through him. 8 He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the light.

9 The true light, which gives light to everyone, was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and the world was made through him, yet the world did not know him. 11 He came to his own,[b] and his own people[c] did not receive him. 12 But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God, 13 who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son[d] from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    so 2th texts others at the buttcrack of dawn?
    i answer all the texts that came in after 8pm. it aint my fault you people (not you) sleep past 5.

I text glenn stupid shit about my dogs' shit.

and glenn googled that stuff

Starts in 21 minutes...

22 according to my time stamp.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 12-31-2020 at 11:39 PM.

Day 1...

GENESIS 1:1-3:24

Happy International Start Day! It's the first Monday in January. "I'll start Monday/January."

Well here we are!

We're sitting at 65+ members on the facebook group and around 8-9 non fb'rs participating in a private group text.

Most of us started on 1 Jan. Some were out of town and are playing catch up and others haven't started. That's okay. If you're behind or haven't started yet, well, as Briscoe Darlin said, "Just a jump in when you can and hang on!"

For those of you still engaged in the reading plan, congrats! You've made it to the New Testament! If you haven't been keeping up or just want to start, today starts the first day of the New Testament and the four Gospels so feel free to jump right in! It's never too late.

Praise God! Christ is here! The savior whose coming has been prophesied since creation and the great fall!
    “I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel."”
    **Genesis‬ *3:15‬ *ESV‬‬ https://bible.com/bible/59/gen.3.15.ESV
    A new covenant and a path to salvation for ALL!

I'm 64 years old and in the final stage of life, yesterday I gave myself to the lord by being baptized. To God be the glory.

That's awesome! Praying for you and your walk with the Lord.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by doe killer View Post
    I'm 64 years old and in the final stage of life, yesterday I gave myself to the lord by being baptized. To God be the glory.
    That's Awesome Doe Killer!!

Outstanding! Find true joy in Christ!

There will be NOTHING posted on this board today that's any better than that right there!
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

That's great. Congratulations!