Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get your shit together

I sent an email to the Food Lion home office or whatever it is a couple weeks ago after the cashier refused to speak to me. Not "hello", not "that'll be $200" not "thank you"... Not even eye contact.

When my wife was in the hospital two weeks ago I attempted to get her a burger and fries from McDonald's. After waiting 25 minutes after being told to pull up (and not being able to go inside due to "renovations") I just drove off. That $9 was a lesson learned, I guess.

One a positive note, the Mexican family that owns the Mexican restaurant in Kingstree brought food to our house after the wife's accident. Not just delivered it... They cooked my wife's favorite dish and dropped it off at the house and wouldn't take any money. That's the stuff that reminds you that there are still great people in the world.
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Ours run pretty smoothly and quickly, but I stopped at one in Spartanburg after seeing Glenn one day and holy moly. I felt like I was trapped in one of CCLeroy's legholds. If only I could have gnawed off a body part to escape...
    If it was the one on Asheville Hwy/ Hearon Circle sorry for the PTSD. That one, maudlin and the Clemson blvd ones are 100% no go for me. Ill only go to others if I’m a passenger.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Bank of America is making their minimum wage $25. They will forced the other banks to follow suit.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro5x6's View Post
    " My Pleasure"

I'd rather hear that than the comments I receive at other FF places. .
    When I was still frequenting them I heard that phrase less and less everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    When I was still frequenting them I heard that phrase less and less everyday.
    Don’t be bashing the Jesus chicken
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    They don't need you when they purchase the policy. They need you when they have a claim. You'll never know all the answers but you can damn sure find out for them. This from a guy who's probably been doing it way too long.
    For the insurance I sell, I am not too worried about the internet... I work on the tailgate of a truck a lot. The majority of my property claims occur when the equipment or structure is really needed so speed is key. I am involved in the claims process but I find the reporting of it makes a difference in making sure the right answers get submitted the first time.
    cut\'em

I'm in the insurance business & most of my carriers still have their underwriting/claims staffs still working from home. Its a damn mess. Its past time to get back to normal.
    Are you slumlord on ARF?

I think the fast food places are more profitable w lobby closed and will drag it out as long as possible.
    I think they are seeing the same sales and three people working vs 10
    Payroll has to be down, no counter people, no tables to bus, no lobby to clean and stock, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Bank of America is making their minimum wage $25. They will forced the other banks to follow suit.
    Sounds good, but everyone I know that works for BAC is making $25 a second...

Yall give em the 800 # to call & purchase the policy? If you aren't servicing them after the sale, no need to have you. They should just purchase on line or call an 800 #. Claims are very stressful & you are missing out by not helping them. If'n I purchased a policy from someone & they gave me the # to a stranger to file my own claim, I'd just handle my own purchase that way also. You obviously can't go make the repair & pay em but you can file the claim & help with any questions.
    That sent before I was done typing, I stuck my phone back in my pocket and I don't know what happened. Anyways what I was about to add was a lot of times it depends on the customer and situation. Never would I give someone a 1-800 number and tell them they are on their own. However with some of the younger generation you can tell them how to file a claim on their app and they are good to go and require very little assistance. Others I can simply go over there coverages with them and talk about what happened, then they file the claim their selves if they so wish. Of course there are people who would prefer me to file it for them and I'll always gladly do so. You do have certain people who make it a huge pain where they absolutely refuse to speak with the adjuster. That leaves you stuck being the middle man trying to go back and forth between the two. But that's fortunately not the usual case these days, it normally runs smoothly.

If chick-fil-a corporate ran this country, it would run smooth as a singer sewing machine (if that's a saying). I don't think they are trying to drag out the pandemic, i think they have seen the increases to P&L by not having to pay to maintain indoor dining and don't want to go back.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”
    -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    They just screwed the rest of employeers right in the backside- this will make national news and every employee will expect the same regardless of industry or skills.

I'm in the insurance business & most of my carriers still have their underwriting/claims staffs still working from home. Its a damn mess. Its past time to get back to normal.
    A mess is an understatement. Trying to get underwriting with some carriers to accomplish anything right now is a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by everlast View Post
    If chick-fil-a corporate ran this country, it would run smooth as a singer sewing machine (if that's a saying). I don't think they are trying to drag out the pandemic, i think they have seen the increases to P&L by not having to pay to maintain indoor dining and don't want to go back.
    My family eats Chick fil A maybe once a week. Wife has the app, so we do curbside or sometimes will go through the drive thru. If I have the chance I’ll ask them how they like not having the public inside the restaurant. Most everytime the answer is that they like not having the public inside. I work with the public on a daily basis. People are nasty folks when it isn’t their’s. I don’t blame any fast food or other establishment that still isn’t letting folks inside, being nasty in the bathrooms, making a mess of the place. Less expense in maintenance supplies, less staff needed to maintain the place, all adds up. Especially when the drive thru is still hammering out the business. Wouldn’t surprise me if when places do a major remodel, they eliminate inside sit down options.
    Last edited by BEAR; 05-20-2021 at 10:46 AM.

Didn't the chikfila fella say we needed to shine shoes for black folks and "repent"?
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post

When my wife was in the hospital two weeks ago I attempted to get her a burger and fries from McDonald's. After waiting 25 minutes after being told to pull up (and not being able to go inside due to "renovations") I just drove off. That $9 was a lesson learned, I guess.
    I always refuse to pull up. Puts the pressure on them. If they guilt trip you for holding up the folks behind you. Give it back at them for not being ready.

and holler fire in the hole prior to throwing your drink back through the window before you drive off

Quote Originally Posted by JBK View Post
    Didn't the chikfila fella say we needed to shine shoes for black folks and "repent"?
    If he did, maybe you should pull your Bible out and think about that.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by BEAR View Post
    I had some roof damage from that hail/wind storm we had in Lexington a few weeks ago. I called my Farm Bureau insurance agent to let him know, and see about getting someone out to come look at it. Once he calls me back, he tells me I need to call the 1-800 number for Farm Bureau and follow the prompts to get to the claims department. I asked him why is he my agent then? It’s piss poor these days. How people act and work these days is certainly not the cloth I was cut from. I got co-workers, one in particular, who is the most unproductive, counterproductive person I have ever seen. Does the complete opposite of what you ask him to do, but everyday does whatever he wants to with impunity.
    Don’t blame the agent for this. That has been standard practice for Farm Bureau claims reporting for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    Are you slumlord on ARF?
    Huh? No comprende'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobetter View Post
    I sent an email to the Food Lion home office or whatever it is a couple weeks ago after the cashier refused to speak to me. Not "hello", not "that'll be $200" not "thank you"... Not even eye contact.

One a positive note, the Mexican family that owns the Mexican restaurant in Kingstree brought food to our house after the wife's accident. Not just delivered it... They cooked my wife's favorite dish and dropped it off at the house and wouldn't take any money. That's the stuff that reminds you that there are still great people in the world.
    impressive all the way around!
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.