Thread: Rolling Thunder cancelled

Default Rolling Thunder cancelled

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...torcycle-ride/

Under President Joe Biden’s leadership, the Pentagon has rejected a permit for the annual Rolling to Remember motorcycle ride that is held in Washington, DC, each Memorial Day to honor POW/MIA veterans.

The event is organized by AMVETS, a veterans group, which submitted permit requests and petitions for the event to multiple federal agencies. According to a press release from Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), “AMVETS received approval from the Department of Transportation, the Department of Interior, and multiple other state and local authorities.”

Originally, the Pentagon granted a permit to AMVETS for the event in March, however it was later rescinded without explanation.

“There are no options with as much space and convenient routes to the memorials, meaning it will be more difficult, disruptive, and expensive than if the Pentagon parking lots were available,” said Joe Chenelly, the national executive director of AMVETS.

“The administration included AMVETS in this new group as ‘a trusted voice in communities across the United States,’ but the Pentagon wouldn’t have a conversation with us to share their concerns and give us the chance to address them before deciding to refuse our application,” Chenelly added

In past years, the Rolling to Remember motorcycle ride, formerly known as Rolling Thunder, had used the Pentagon parking lot as the pre-ride staging area to line up for the processional ride from the Department of Defense to the war memorials on the National Mall.

“The biggest disappointment in the Pentagon’s denial was that AMVETS was ignored for months as its professional staff in Washington requested numerous times an opportunity to hear the Defense Department’s concerns and present a [coronavirus] safety plan,” said Jan Brown, the national commander of AMVETS.

“The Biden Administration is making a terrible mistake by blocking a veteran’s charity from the use of the Pentagon parking lot for the Rolling to Remember POW/MIA remembrance motorcycle ride,” Issa said in a statement. “This last-minute rejection, a first of its kind in more than 30 years, leaves patriotic veterans without a safe alternative.”

“Leading up to the decision, the Pentagon refused to talk with event organizers,” Issa added. “They refused to respond to Congress about this topic. And now they are claiming COVID as an excuse.”

“Just days ago, President Biden hosted a drive-in rally in Georgia. The Rolling to Remember event is no less safe,” Issa concluded. “The only difference is the politics that are denying veterans the opportunity to honor their fallen comrades. If patriotic veterans are not welcome at the Pentagon, are they truly welcome anywhere in the Biden Administration?”

Issa, along with Rep. Ken Calvert (R-CA), sent a letter to the Department of Defense in April and questioned the decision.

Calvert also released an updated statement on the matter, blasting the Biden administration and the Pentagon for its decision.

“I’m disappointed by the Pentagon’s denial of AMVET’s permit for the Rolling to Remember event,” Calvert said. “It’s also frustrating to hear that the Pentagon staff failed to even engage in meaningful discussions to see how this outdoor event could take place in a safe manner.”

“At a time when President Biden can find a way to hold outdoor political events, it’s shocking his administration can’t find a way to help our veterans do the same,” Calvert added.

The demonrats are scared of Patriots.
    The repubs appear to just be scared. Every repub in Congress should be raising hell.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 05-04-2021 at 02:11 AM.

They should do it anyway and just use a staging area outside of town, even if it’s 25 miles away. Tie up traffic in DC for hours. An extra would be to do it on a weekday and scare the puss out of the scaredy cats.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by WoodieSC View Post
    They should do it anyway and just use a staging area outside of town, even if it’s 25 miles away. Tie up traffic in DC for hours. An extra would be to do it on a weekday and scare the puss out of the scaredy cats.
    This. They can’t arrest everyone. I’m sure they asked Fauci if it was safe to ride a bike without a helmet and no mask and he said fine as long as mask are worn....
    \"We say grace and we say maam, if you ain\'t into that, we don\'t give a damn.\" HW Jr.

To be fair, Biden's event in Atlanta was sparsely attended - less than 100 cars.
    F**K Cancer

Just Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Duck View Post
    They can’t arrest everyone.
    What's illegal about riding a motorcycle on a public road? Should be zero arrests.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

If an organization puts on an event and I get COVID, can I sue for damages?

Silly me. Here I was thinking that the "Rolling Thunder" being cancelled was going to be the yearly highway robbery perpetrated on us by state and local law enforcement agencies...

Yeah, you confused it with operation “Get Some”

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Silly me. Here I was thinking that the "Rolling Thunder" being cancelled was going to be the yearly highway robbery perpetrated on us by state and local law enforcement agencies...
    You think Ol Chuck is going to turn loose of that cash cow?!

Same here. But that’s not going to happen with the amount of money they steal from the citizens of SC.

I'm sorry for the confusion. This is the Rolling Thunder I was talking about. A 30 year, Memorial Day weekend tradition to recognize the nation's POWs and MIAs. A 30 year tradition being cancelled by the divisive politics and fear mongering of the left.