Thread: Cooper River

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    How much clearance under all those bridges coming from the main cooper river? Is bushy park the closest landing?
    The closest landing is Virginia Ave. Park almost under the I-526 bridge but I'd be nervous about leaving a car there at night and the creek out to the river gets really shallow at low tide. Also know that as you go in Goose Creek, the Naval Weapons Station is the pretty land on both sides. They have patrol boats and may want to check you, out especially at night. If they do, don't make any sudden movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    The closest landing is Virginia Ave. Park almost under the I-526 bridge but I'd be nervous about leaving a car there at night and the creek out to the river gets really shallow at low tide. Also know that as you go in Goose Creek, the Naval Weapons Station is the pretty land on both sides. They have patrol boats and may want to check you, out especially at night. If they do, don't make any sudden movements.
    Thank you. I have a flats boat with poling platform and leaning bar that extend about 7ft off the deck. Think I'll be able to get under the bridges?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by acebasinman View Post
    Thank you. I have a flats boat with poling platform and leaning bar that extend about 7ft off the deck. Think I'll be able to get under the bridges?
    Thanks
    Yes there is probably enough clearance under the 526 bridge unless you have a very, very tall poling platform. Do not use the saltwater side of Bushy Park - it is unuseable for all but about the highest couple of hours of a tide cycle...

There are very large signs above and below the Weapons Station. You probably shouldn't plan on hunting anywhere in the main channel between those signs if you hook a gator prior to being "talked to" you'll probably have to cut him off anyways. "They" are usually okay with folks fishing/hunter in the creeks as long as you're not in sight of the submarines.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Yes there is probably enough clearance under the 526 bridge unless you have a very, very tall poling platform. Do not use the saltwater side of Bushy Park - it is unuseable for all but about the highest couple of hours of a tide cycle...

There are very large signs above and below the Weapons Station. You probably shouldn't plan on hunting anywhere in the main channel between those signs if you hook a gator prior to being "talked to" you'll probably have to cut him off anyways. "They" are usually okay with folks fishing/hunter in the creeks as long as you're not in sight of the submarines.
    Thank you. I am more concerned with the bridges over goose creek like Wilkinson way and N. Rhett and the railroad. Any idea what the clearance is on those bridges?

Quote Originally Posted by Palmetto Bug View Post
    It was a sad day when we lost the N Chas Fishing Club ramp years back....one of the best kept(or managed)secrets around.
    Last edited by FishSticker; 10-08-2020 at 10:38 AM.