Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Service" Dogs

I expect to see dogs in Lowes & Tractor Supply. I keep my young dogs with me at work for the first 6 months of their lives. I cringe at a dog in a grocery store or a restaurant. I was even known once to allow my Lita to walk in off leash at Tractor Supply to pick out her own bumper from the doggie toy section. She actually grabbed a tennis ball.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I've taken dogs through Lowe's just to work on heel with distractions. Also great to socialize them as puppies, throw them in the cart and grab a few items I needed anyways.

I don't take them to a restaurant, I don't even really take myself to restaurants.
    This here.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Ok so I get the issue with them in restaurants or grocery stores but why does seeing a dog in Lowe’s bother you? I would rather walk into a Lowe’s full of dogs rather than people!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodiewacker82 View Post
    Ok so I get the issue with them in restaurants or grocery stores but why does seeing a dog in Lowe’s bother you? I would rather walk into a Lowe’s full of dogs rather than people!
    It doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    It doesn't
    Sorry that wasn’t directed to you but to the ones crying about dogs in lowes

Like Lowe's the home supply big box store.. taking a regular dog in there is as unneeded as a woman going shopping in pajama bottoms.

Or yoga pants. Just because they make "your size" doesn't mean you pull 'em off the rack...

What Highstrung said!
    Low country redneck who moved north

I mostly feel sorry for the dogs having to be drug all over the place with their crazy owners

For you Lowes haters, I take Chief with me every time I go to Lowe's and don't care what you think. It's solely for training. He lived the first couple years of his life with a pack of dogs with another family and I don't think he was socialized very much, as a pup or as an adult. Then he came to live with us. Strange people used to freak him out real bad, still do a little. So every time I have a chance to expose him to strange noises and people, I take him. It's a quick chance to reinforce the training I'm doing with him. He's tons better after a couple years of consistent training compared to when he came into our family. Hes not perfect, but much better.

He's a machine when it comes to retrieving. We step in a dove field or near water when it's cold, he switches into hunt mode and tunes everything else out.

Real service dogs, I have no issue with. But someone carrying around their lap dog, or buying a service dog vest for their shitteeta, and trying to convince me it's for emotional support, you likely vote Democrat and therefore screw you very much.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Last edited by willyworm; 07-24-2020 at 05:07 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

The only thing worse than "service" dogs is peoples misbehaving kids!
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

Quote Originally Posted by Duck cutter View Post
    Just for the record, since it’s been mentioned twice, Lowe’s allows you to bring on pets on a leash.
    Saw somebody with a monkey....

on his shoulder....

on a leash.....

the other day inside of Lowe's.

All I could say to myself was..."I hope he gets AIDS"
    Last edited by FishSticker; 07-24-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tman View Post
    The only thing worse than "service" dogs is peoples misbehaving kids!
    I was just in the store with my sister and bil and there kid threw a shit fit and was screaming mommy and no no no while my bil was caring him out the door and I yelled out “That’s not his kid” it was awesome to see the reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Oh dear Lort, that's even worse.
    No my balls are big enough I don’t have to compensate them with a big dog.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

Quote Originally Posted by mudflat View Post
    I to am bothered when I see them, especially in Lowes.
    I could be mistaken but I think Lowe’s is pet friendly

Edit: I’m way late to the party...
    Last edited by smitch320; 07-24-2020 at 05:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

But I agree. I saw 4 in the Dallas airport today. Not “service” dogs either. Little yap dogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

My emotional support dog flies with me. She just happens to pick ducks up too02A3366F-F545-43E8-942F-92CB090B2FB0.jpg

If I didn't have her to squeeze on the plane I'd flip the fuck out bc planes are so emotionally draining.

Most of em are bullshit!
    However, a real service dog is another story.
    My sister had raised three now I think.....
    Service dogs have a true function, this emotional shit is BS!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Those dogs didn’t buy all 4x4s..

Wish I’d of known I could take Chunk to Lowe’s when he was alive, he’d of marked everything in lifted leg height in the store.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013