Quote Originally Posted by sc_slim View Post
How do you think an investor owned utility like NextEra/Dominion will address such concerns. Profit for shareholder or working with SCDNR and others for environmental improvement within SC?
I do not see how having vegetation in the lake would cut into profits..... What my small little understanding is and the reasons listed for treating some areas is for power generation, access, "hunting/fishing", looks, and a few others reasons...... I do not really see how some small vegetation can cause that much damage to such a well built machine like a hydroelectric dam. Does not matter as long as someone is making money off of the treatment then it will continue regardless of what happens to the ecosystem. If we as a private land owner was treating a wetland like they treat the rivers and lakes we would be held accountable by the same agencies do this. It is about high time they are held accountable. We need SAVs and various other forms of vegetation in our lakes not just for wildlife but for cleaner water.