Thread: Differences between Leupold VX3i and VX5hd

Default Differences between Leupold VX3i and VX5hd

For those who have used both, assuming same magnification and objective size for SC deer hunting application, is the difference in glass worth the money? All shots will be under 300 yards. This scope will be mounted on a Rem 7mm Mag and may see one elk hunt but rest will be SC deer hunts.

The glass is way better.

The VX 5 Glass is better, and the adjustments are more precise.I think youll have to spend alot more to get an equivalent optic. That said I killed a ton of deer with VX3s. I have a VX3 3-10 x 50 That been a tank of a scope, set it and forget it. Its been on almost every rifle Ive owned, and ive taken it out west a few times, beat the shit out of it and never failed and I never felt under scoped.

Quote Originally Posted by FLS View Post
    The VX 5 Glass is better, and the adjustments are more precise.I think youll have to spend alot more to get an equivalent optic. That said I killed a ton of deer with VX3s. I have a VX3 3-10 x 50 That been a tank of a scope, set it and forget it. Its been on almost every rifle Ive owned, and ive taken it out west a few times, beat the shit out of it and never failed and I never felt under scoped.
    I have had the same results with the VX3 I currently have on a different rifle. Just havent had field time with the VX5 and looking for input.

FLS: Arent you a big Vortex Razor fan? Is that a comparable scope to the VX5?

Ive used the Razor Gen 2 for Long Range and I think its a great scope. Its been one of the top three PRS scopes since it came out. Glass is awesome, great adjustments, reticles, but It weighs almost 3 pounds. Its a completely different animal than the VX5. The Razor is a precision tool, the VX5 is a hunting scope.