Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: favorite easy recipes

deer + hamburger helper. Probably ate a thousand boxes of it in college. They got a whole bunch mo flavors now than they used to. I also used to make alot of sloppy joes with deer burger as well. the hotter the better, If you didn't fart blood the next day something was wrong.
    He would have been nice next year.

Quote Originally Posted by choco-lab View Post
    deer + hamburger helper. Probably ate a thousand boxes of it in college. They got a whole bunch mo flavors now than they used to. I also used to make alot of sloppy joes with deer burger as well. the hotter the better, If you didn't fart blood the next day something was wrong.
    i had not thought about using deer burger for that..good idea

on that topic have yall ever used chicken helper? and if so is it any good?

We used to get boxes of hamburger helper at the dollar store. I liked the strokenoff the best. Brown half a pound of deer burger instead of a whole pound(this stretches it out) make a big ol pot and add a handfull of macaroni and a handfull of egg noodles. You can eat on that shit for days and it only cost about 3 bucks. eat the hell out of roman noodles too. Also take a can of tuna and add crushed crackers and 1 egg, mix and pan fry just like salmon patties but without the bones and fishy smell and taste. The tuna patties are bad ass good. Good luck and remember you are learning how to survive. This shit will help you out down the road.

willk you mention boston butt in crockpot with vinegar base. you lost me on this. do you put the vinegar in the crockpot? how did you fix it?

Here ya go assholes.

Peeled and deviened shrimp:

pineapple chunks (canned)
    poblano pepper
    red onion
    cilantro

rough chop all the above and put in bowl then set in fridge

get your pan hot and add olive oil...

sear shrimp...

I season my shirmp with the garlic pepper crinder stuff that mcormic puts out...it works well with this.

heat up some of the smaller tortillas (6" ones)

shrimp tacos make girls pee themselves.

pro tip.

this dish takes less than 20 min. including prep.

in case you make too much salsa... save it and add some tomato or eat as is with tortilla chips at 4am after a long night out.
    Last edited by stretcharmstrong; 07-15-2008 at 11:28 AM.
    xHCFKx

I'd like to thank my dad for coming, and my mom for being there...

Dang, stretch.... that sounds like some killer stuff.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Shrimp tacos are good stuff, but I think shrimp are a bit pricy for our college boy here. You can do the same thing with chicken though.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

you would be amazed how good you can make ramen noodles taste with a little help. You buy some chicken strips, frozen shelled shrimp, boneless pork ribs and fresh veggies once in a while and you can have a fair variety of chinese style dishes for about $1.50-$2.00 a meal. Don't have to stop there either, get a jar of spagetti sauce with meat and put that over any noodles. Take those same chicken tenders and cook them with yellow rice and its good too... lots of things you can eat on the cheap
    As for me I am gonna have to be African refugee camp to eat tuna caserole, but that cause we ate it a LOT durning lean times growing up... good thing is "we" never knew it, hope I am as good of a parent.

SCTIMBER Coots

Find you some cheap steak... burn it

Fried fish

Yellow Rice with some chicken...

I dunno, I can't cook, never could.... Women love me, so they naturally cook for me as well
    Last edited by SCTIMBER; 07-18-2008 at 09:38 PM.

Take some duck breast and chop them up into small pieces. dice some onion. Take an eggroll and put the duck and onion mixture in it with some cabbage and lay a piece of pepper jack cheese across the top. roll it up and throw it in the grease. Duck eggrolls will make a grown man pee himself.
    He would have been nice next year.

deer is the only way to go. we had two chest freezers full of deer last year and ate both of them empty. Anything you can kill or capture yourself is the way to go. we werer fortunate enoguh that i had a good shrimp season last year also. crock pot is also convienent
    cut\'em

Quote Originally Posted by polecat View Post
    willk you mention boston butt in crockpot with vinegar base. you lost me on this. do you put the vinegar in the crockpot? how did you fix it?
    Yeah I would put that shit in the crock pot over night on low with about an inch or two of Browns BBQ sauce in the bottom. (Browns is Vinegar based)

I put a boston butt in the crock pot with one cup of water. Cook long time.....at least 8 hours. Pour liquid out and pick out scrap fat and the bones. take two forks and shread meat, add your favorite bbq sauce and reheat....you are ready.