Thread: Marlin 4570

Default Marlin 4570

I've been looking at buying a marlin 1895 if i can sell my encore. Wondering if any of ya'll had one or shot one. I really like the standard blued one with pistol grip and 22" barrel, but have been reading alot of good about the guide model. Any ideas boys? Or if anyone has one they want to part with or trade for a stainless 7 mag encore let me know.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

I've shot one a few times before............all I can say is the shells look badder than what they would kick............dont get me wrong it kicks but not that bad.........I thought it would knock me flat on my butt.............

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Ive got the guide model. Its a fun rifle to hunt with and a hammer on game. Its a great woods gun. For a serious hunting rifle I think Id rather have the full sized version. With the proper loads you can hunt anything from deer to cape buffalo.

guide gun is the sh*t

Get either and you won't be sorry. Fun to shoot and very mild with factory ammo. Serious business and definitely bad through the bone with hand loads.
    \"If you make men think that they are thinking... you will be loved. But if you truely make a man think... he will hate you\" Theodore Roosevelt

I've got the 1895 CB with the 26" barrel to me it's the perfect woods gun.
    Reloaders love a good piece of brass<br />Not only did Samuel colt make all men equal.....He also made it easier for me to sleep well at <br />night

i've decided on the 22" blued, but someone has to buy my encore first.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I love my 1895GS!! I've shot all types of ammo through it, but the 405gr Buffalo Bore are perfect for spruce grouse hunting!! LOL

On a more serious note......the recoil of this rifle is totally dependant on what type of ammo you want to shoot through it. Shooting regular Remington Corelocks may be a piece of cake for just about anyone, but step up to the Buffalo Bore ammo or other hot factory or handloads and you better hold on. I can't even keep my hand inside the lever loop when shooting Buffalo Bore. It'll just about break your middle finger if you do!

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

RK that is definitely a bad rifle. i like the guide barrel length and all, but i really like the pistol grip vs the strait stock. Guess i could always buy a new stock and lever and make a pistol grip guide rifle.

I've got this one and a model 336 Marlin in 30-30 as well. The 336 has the pistol grip stock on it. I never really noticed much difference in the feel when shooting, but I do like the look of the pistol grip a lot better. To me, being up here in Alaska, I needed the corrosion resistance of the stainless. The 1895GS was a no brainer. I'd love a set of synthetic stocks to put on it, but unfortunately the only company that makes them is Wild West Guns out of Anchorage. They're kevlar and cost more than what the gun itself cost brand new!!! No thanks!! There are plenty of after market parts upgrades for these rifles which makes customizing easy. I saw one that was coated in spray on truck bedliner that was really bad ass. I'm looking at possibly doing it with mine just to help with durability. I carry this rifle with me just about every time I step out of my truck and into the woods up here so it sees plenty of abuse. It also rides tucked beside my leg in the drivers seat of the truck between my drivers bucket seat and the center console where it's an easy grab. The vibration from driving down the rock roads however is eating away at the wood stock. I need a solution quick before it takes too much of a lickin'!!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

I redid an old savage stock once with that fleck stone paint from walmartyou spray the basecoat and then the clear over it. Turned out pretty good.