View Poll Results: Bill Should Say

Voters
144. You may not vote on this poll
  • Killing of tame birds only on release sights, no limits, no wild bird harvest

87 60.42%
  • Killing of release and wild birds on release sights, abiding by federal limits set

16 11.11%
  • Release sights release birds at time and date of hunt into hunt grounds.

39 27.08%
  • Status Quo

2 1.39%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Released Mallard Hunts

Default Released Mallard Hunts

Please vote.

Keep unrelated comments to a minimum.

This is the first hurdle. After reaching a consensus on this we can get further into the how's of what we have decided.

If I have missed an option or a popular opinion, please let me know.

Keep in mind that we want this bill to pass.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 03-08-2019 at 10:44 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Sights or sites?
    Is the third option just like a tower shoot?
    cut\'em

I voted as if it was a tower pheasant type shoot. I would vote for the first one but it will never be enforced (the wild bird part).
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

Quote Originally Posted by Southernduck View Post
    Sights or sites?
    Is the third option just like a tower shoot?
    I'm an idiot. It should be sites.

The 3rd option would have to be discussed further if that was the general consensus. It could be a tower shoot or they could be a cast and blast type thing. I'm not really sure of all the particulars, just saw it mentioned in the previous thread.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

The second choice is status quo.

I like No. 1 because it restricts tamie shooters to being what they are.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    I voted as if it was a tower pheasant type shoot. I would vote for the first one but it will never be enforced (the wild bird part).
    Vote for what you truly want. We could work out particulars later, i.e. ways of making sure things were enforced. Clipped toes, numbered neck bands, etc.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 03-08-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
    The second choice is status quo.

I like No. 1 because it restricts tamie shooters to being what they are.
    You are correct but after the Bill that duck tape and those agreed on, it may be that will be getting to play by a different set of rules since the changing of the federal limit brought the mallards down to 2 birds.

I was making this on the assumption that it would pass.

Flying by the seat of my pants here.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 03-08-2019 at 10:55 AM.

We should be thankful that Rep. Lowe is offering us a voice. If anything, I hope that some spirited debate comes out of this in the GA.
    DILLIGAF

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Vote for what you truly want. We could work at particulars later, i.e. ways of making sure things were enforced. Clipped toes, numbered neck bands, etc.
    I think I voted for the right thing, in my mind, tower shoots. The first option would never work.. the only way it would is to have a game warden in each blind... These people are businessman so they are fairly smart i would think. You think they are gonna bring a wild mallard or any other species for that matter to the clubhouse?? Nah.
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunwannabe View Post
    Man is merely a two legged locust, devouring wild lands, developing and prostituting wildlife and fisheries under the guise of "use of the resource" for tremendous profit and moving on. Will it ever end?

No. 1 could work if the penalties are severe enough to deter. Make them pay dearly with fines and loss of hunting and fishing privileges for a year. Fines go to SCDNR and not the general fund. At least they will be looking over their shoulders.
    DILLIGAF

How about a provision that prevents any employee of the Department of NATURAL Resources from moonlighting for a tamie operation?

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    How about a provision that prevents any employee of DNR from moonlighting for a tamie operation?
    Like.
    I see too many wardens these days that act like they deserve to hunt at a landowners place after solving a problem. You should not be owed favors for doing what you were hired to do in the first place.
    DILLIGAF

Can you change the thread title? These are not hunts.
    DILLIGAF

It is a huge problem from top to bottom within the Agency. Can't blame the tamie scum for taking advantage of it, either...

74 views and 15 votes? Come on people. Act like you care.
    DILLIGAF

Nobody is going to take that seriously with the "sights" deal...

Hit me where it hurts Jab.

Maybe one of you mods can fix my blunder or start a new thread and get this ball rolling the right way.

How will said ponds distinguish wild from tame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    Yep. I have a border collie mix that is smarter than most of the people on this site.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    How will said ponds distinguish wild from tame.
    Details we would have to vote on later should that be the discussion. This is step one, poll one, of probably a few polls and discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Hit me where it hurts Jab.

Maybe one of you mods can fix my blunder or start a new thread and get this ball rolling the right way.
    Believe me I tried. I could only delete it. No option for editing.