Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Pics of Lake Marion

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Yeah but you missed it when DT pointed out that he has a backhoe and you (and those economically challenged) don't.

Track hoe , bo
    Either write things worth reading, or do things worth writing.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Higher property values, which means that you can borrow more against your property, or sell it for more. Or at least pay more in taxes on it, because it is worth more.
    I need a real estate license too.

I swear we can make 30 pages if we try.

Quote Originally Posted by thunderchicken View Post
    I guarantee you there are plenty on this site that can run from the dam to Packs, on either side of the lake without hitting a stump. Without navigation equipment. At night.
    Of course there is. But duck tape cannot therefore the trees must go.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck Tape View Post
    I swear we can make 30 pages if we try.
    Then why not contribute some more by explaining how you are trying to help the people around the lake. Make it clear for those of us who don’t use the lake. Furthermore, explain how you know those people need help since you don’t represent them. Have you done polling? Have you done anything more than just conversing with people when you’re at your place down there?

If those folks are in such need, why not let their elected officials lead those efforts?

I’m guessing there are plenty of people in Florence County and Darlington County who could you your assistance in matters that pertain to their well-being. If you are truly looking out for what’s best for the citizens, please explain how these changes to the lake will benefit the people who elected you.

Forgive me if my posts are come across the wrong way. I’m asking questions because I want to better understand the situation. Surely you can see how perplexing it is for some of us that you selectively reply to posts and seem to get defensive when your motives are questioned.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 02-17-2019 at 10:53 PM.

Are Reverend Al and Jesse demanding the stumps be removed?

Only logical reason that I can think of

All this and still has time to support the education reform bill that sucks for every teacher in S.C.......
    Last edited by wdhigh; 02-17-2019 at 11:35 PM.

Look, I only wanted safe navigation. It was the minions that claim we are going to get rich.
    The fact that people are suspicious that you are going to get rich of this deal, still doesn't explain why you brought up poverty rankings by county.

I'm just trying to figure out how the trees are going to help us "minions" economically? Will we get profit sharing from all the timber sales? Or maybe life insurance rates will decrease since the lake is safer?

Help me understand. This minion is struggling to make the connection.

I'm back because I can't sleep. Mr. Lowe, it would be nice if you would actually address some of the questions/issues as opposed to selecting the ones you apparently think are easy pickings.

Glenn asked in post 25 who will pay for it and how much will it cost. He then asked in post 29 for you to share data showing the trees have been a safety and navigation issue. You never responded to either post, yet you responded in post 490 with stats regarding the poverty levels of Clarendon and Orangeburg counties. You also stated in post 374 that you would post the poll results from a previous issue, which appears to be a response on your part to an argument you think you can win. Why not respond to Glenn's posts asking for facts/stats?

Post 236 references your thought that this is an attempt to "call in a forgotten promise." What other forgotten promises are you going fulfill? Better yet, is it realistic to question what other "wrongs" you may seek to correct?

A couple of times you referenced removing the trees and stumps to alleviate navigational issues, but you also stated in post 465, "The people living in the counties surrounding the lake tend to be economically challenged but the[sic] are good people deserving a better life." That would seem to indicate you are doing it for the people instead of the navigational issues.

In post 278 you said, "There are very few areas that border Lake Marion that have grown economically enough for a child to return to after their education. Most have to leave." I would agree, but this isn't an issue that is that is unique to the area around the lake. This is an issue rural America is having to address. Your district is all too familiar with this. Small towns across this country are losing people. I would argue some of the folks in the areas around the lake you are claiming to defend are better off than people in towns like Timmonsville, Pamplico, Johnsonville, etc. in terms of some of the possibilities available to them because of the lake. Why not address and solve the issues the people in your district face before worrying about those outside of your district? Is that not what you were elected to do?

I want to believe you have good intentions. You make that hard because you seem to pick and choose your responses and you seem to get defensive whenever someone disagrees with you. I'd kindly ask you to not pretend to be a representative of the people unless you are willing to take the good with the bad while also responding to all of the legitimate questions. You have taken some shots in this thread that were not deserved, but you've also done a good bit of dancing. You seem to spend more time addressing the naysayers. If correct, that is proof that you have already lost regardless of what the results of an election say.
    Last edited by Tigerbdog; 02-18-2019 at 07:41 AM.

good lord... whole lot of drama over some rotten trees!! which are going to just fall down some day soon on their own.

Look, I only wanted safe navigation. It was the minions that claim we are going to get rich.
    How about a list of boating accidents and boat damage reported to DNR or insurance companies due to tree strikes? Certainly you have data to support your claims ? So what favors is ******* doing for you for fixing his district? Maybe he can help you put the flag back up.
    80-20 Genaration

Dwayne your keyboard put these funny looking little stars right where ******* should’ve been spelled. Just thought I’d help you out!
    U serious Clark?

I guess it’s not allowed to spell a politicians name.... oh well.
    U serious Clark?

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerbdog View Post
    I'm back because I can't sleep. Mr. Lowe, it would be nice if you would actually address some of the questions/issues as opposed to selecting the ones you apparently think are easy pickings.

Glenn asked in post 25 who will pay for it and how much will it cost. He then asked in post 29 for you to share data showing the trees have been a safety and navigation issue. You never responded to either post, yet you responded in post 490 with stats regarding the poverty levels of Clarendon and Orangeburg counties. You also stated in post 374 that you would post the poll results from a previous issue, which appears to be a response on your part to an argument you think you can win. Why not respond to Glenn's posts asking for facts/stats?

Post 236 references your thought that this is an attempt to "call in a forgotten promise." What other forgotten promises are you going fulfill? Better yet, is it realistic to question what other "wrongs" you may seek to correct?

A couple of times you referenced removing the trees and stumps to alleviate navigational issues, but you also stated in post 465, "The people living in the counties surrounding the lake tend to be economically challenged but the[sic] are good people deserving a better life." That would seem to indicate you are doing it for the people instead of the navigational issues.

In post 278 you said, "There are very few areas that border Lake Marion that have grown economically enough for a child to return to after their education. Most have to leave." I would agree, but this isn't an issue that is that is unique to the area around the lake. This is an issue rural America is having to address. Your district is all too familiar with this. Small towns across this country are losing people. I would argue some of the folks in the areas around the lake you are claiming to defend are better off than people in towns like Timmonsville, Pamplico, Johnsonville, etc. in terms of some of the possibilities available to them because of the lake. Why not address and solve the issues the people in your district face before worrying about those outside of your district? Is that not what you were elected to do?

I want to believe you have good intentions. You make that hard because you seem to pick and choose your responses and you seem to get defensive whenever someone disagrees with you. I'd kindly ask you to not pretend to be a representative of the people unless you are willing to take the good with the bad while also responding to all of the legitimate questions. You have taken some shots in this thread that were not deserved, but you've also done a good bit of dancing. You seem to spend more time addressing the naysayers. If correct, that is proof that you have already lost regardless of what the results of an election say.
    If you follow this entire thread, which I would not recommend, I asked for pics. Y'all asked why. I told you why, navigation. Many responded they do not want them cleared because it would bring in more people. I other words they agreed it would be an improvement but they would rather not have more people using the lake.

In response I turned the argument around by arguing their point, that it would bring economic improvement to poor counties.

I represent Florence and Darlington. Many of my constituents have lake houses or frequent the lake for recreation.

This is not a new idea. I believe it is worth considering. There will be a group that proposes the plan. People will have a chance for input.

Default Pics of Lake Marion

Again, cost and paid by whom?
    Last edited by ccleroy; 02-18-2019 at 08:13 AM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    How about a list of boating accidents and boat damage reported to DNR or insurance companies due to tree strikes? Certainly you have data to support your claims.
    Insurance Companies don't usually give out that information as it's protected.......however one could call for a quote for a boat that is used in Clarendon or Orangeburg county and then call and get a quote for the same boat in Kershaw or Richland county and probably get a good idea which area has the most collision claims.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Catdaddy; 02-18-2019 at 08:28 AM.

People will have a chance for input.
    Like that will matter. Politics will win over ever time. As for those that have lake houses guess what the stumps/trees where there long before they moved in and they knew it. So it’s about a few home owners and not the po folk in the area ?
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by baldpate View Post
    Dwayne your keyboard put these funny looking little stars right where ******* should’ve been spelled. Just thought I’d help you out!

Thanks wouldn’t want to expose anyone for who they are
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    Like that will matter. Politics will win over ever time. As for those that have lake houses guess what the stumps/trees where there long before they moved in and they knew it. So it’s about a few home owners and not the po folk in the area ?
    Yep! Just like a school reform bill with no input from actual teachers and details will be determined at a later point in time.

An improvement?
    That is nothing more than a matter of opinion!
    One man's gain is another's loss and to sportsmen this would be a huge loss as the lake would lose a huge aspect of it's wildness!
    Don't try to put words in others mouths DT.....
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE