Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Credit cards

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    yall still suck at reading.

to the OP: you are on the right track. I was trying to think of that link MDman posted. go there and find a card that suits your needs. I agree you want one with cash back (or similar) and no annual fee. APR shouldn't matter bc you will pay it off every month....right?

You are doing the right thing to establish good credit. I am sure other can opine on other things you could be doing in the same vein.

Yes. I will be paying it off at the end of the month. The only reason I’m going this route is because my house, truck, etc. are all paid off so I have nothing in my name. I just want to keep my credit “good and current” Incase I need it. My score usually ranges from 780-820. I thought about the nerd site after I made the post. I’ll definitely be checking it out.

establishing and maintaining credit is one of the most important things a young man can do.
    It's just the world we live in, it determines your auto insurance rates, job background checks, etc
    You are doing the right thing.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 01-22-2019 at 07:19 PM.

Dave Ramsey doesn't think FICO scores are important.
    Dave is an idiot.
    Last edited by scatter shot; 01-22-2019 at 08:13 PM.

His house and truck are all paid off. Maybe we should be getting advice from BPS!

Quote Originally Posted by scatter shot View Post
    Dave Ramsey doesn't think FICO scores are important.
    Dave is an idiot.
    It's easy to tell people what they should do with their money when you are rolling in it.

Something else you can do along with the credit card is go to your bank and ask for a small loan. Take the borrowed loan and set it in an account you dont use or set one up. Find out what the interest is and add it to that account and set it up on draft so your current on payments and balance is paid off on final payment. Now some may disagree because you have to use some of your money for interest but to each their own.
    Non Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by DJP View Post
    His house and truck are all paid off. Maybe we should be getting advice from BPS!
    LoL. I’m not married nor do I have kids so that helps a lot. I also have a great father that taught me that my life would be a lot happier if I didn’t worry about what the Jones’ were doing.

In all seriousness I have a cash back card from capital one that I pay off monthly. We use the cash in December to pay for Christmas gifts.

Citi Double. First month you cant pay it off. Cut it up and take a Dave Ramsey class.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Default Credit cards

You could open 2-3 credit cards that suit your needs. Ask for the highest lines of credit they will give and that amount of “available credit” will help your credit score too.

“The Importance of Having Available Credit
    Having a lot of available credit is good for your credit score because it means you're keeping your credit card balance low. Consequently, your credit utilization, which is 30 percent of your credit score, will also be low. It's a good idea to keep your credit card balance below 30 percent of your credit limit. That means you'll have a balance of $300 and $700 available credit on a credit card with a limit of $1,000”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by led0321; 01-23-2019 at 04:39 AM.

Hit me up. We have one you can use your rewards to pay your insurance premium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk