Thread: 80s 870 pump problem

Default 80s 870 pump problem

I shoot hevi steel 3 inch 3s out of my dads old 870 and it has been performing great....Untill today. Sometimes I got two or three out but 75% of the time I would shoot once and the shell would get stuck in the chamber and the claw that grabs the lip of the shell would rip through the lip and the shell would stay in the chamber.

What’s wrong with my pump now turned musket?
    Last edited by DirtyDog; 12-26-2018 at 01:07 PM.

Clean it.
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Take the barrel off and look in the chamber, you prob got surface rust making it hang up in there. Wire brush or wrap some steel wool on a bore brush with oil and polish the chamber out. That fixed mine from shooting low brass Winchester’s with the same issue.

As stated above, polish the chamber. You've probably gotten a little bit of rust in there.
    "Hunt today to kill tomorrow." - Ron Jolly

They are 100 percent right. Polish with brass brush. You have a carbon ring. Like shooting 22 shorts them try to shoot longsamd they wont chamber.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Clean it.
    Ohh gah lee didn’t think of that!! Thanks for the help!!

Just a small bit of corrosion on the shell brass can do it too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft