Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tua injury report

Agree that they are being forced to tackle lower. But Tua isn't standing still very often either.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    You can get a knee replacement, can't replace a brain. What's sad is to see the way these guys who take hits for so long live/die later in life. I mean Tedy Brushi, Cassius Clay, the list goes on. There is life after football. Unless you suffer from TBI. That.can be a very rough life.

I hate to see knees to get taken out, I do... But they're the lesser of those 2 evils.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Ask a hundred Sunday guys whether they'd rather have a knee injury or a concussion, and ninety-nine of 'em will say the concussion.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Bart View Post
    Ask a hundred Sunday guys whether they'd rather have a knee injury or a concussion, and ninety-nine of 'em will say the concussion.

Knee injuries are TODAY and are certain.

Brain injuries are way off in the future, and.......maybe.

All 25 year olds are 10 ft tall and bullet proof.
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Quote Originally Posted by coot nasty View Post
    It's a quad injury wasn't his knee
    Quote Originally Posted by FEETDOWN View Post
    Believe that shit if you want to. Saban makes Bill Belichick’s injury reports look believable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    A very good friend of mine's son is a member of the training staff at 'Bama and confirmed this yesterday afternoon.

His knee is still completely fudged tho..

Like with Watson a few years ago, a one legged Tua is still 5 times better than the next best player at that position in the country...

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Like with Watson a few years ago, a one legged Tua is still 5 times better than the next best player at that position in the country...
    So you saying he is 5 times better than Trevor? You feel okay?
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Trevor playing against weak competition has yall overly confident about him...

Lol. Before HE got hurt, Alabama's backup was better than the Clemson kid. Given time, Lawrence may turn out to be a great one. I know you are used to the Koolaid, but the hype machine in Pickens isn't even trying to sell that batch of booshit and here you are comparing Lawrence to Tua? Please...

What Jozie said... I'd rather deal with a bumm knee and everything comes along with it than a messed up head.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

No I was not. I just saying Tua ain't 5 times better than Trevor. Go take your fever and get a flu shot. You coming down with something
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

I don’t have a dog in the fight, but Alabama just beat the #16 team in the country 24-0. Clemson beat the #17 team 27-7 without a score on the defense. Teams may be closer than everyone thinks. Alabama beat LSU pretty soundly, but LSU is probably overrated. They lost to Florida. If you have watched any Florida games this season, you know that they are not really a good football team regardless of ranking.

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    I don’t have a dog in the fight, but Alabama just beat the #16 team in the country 24-0. Clemson beat the #17 team 27-7 without a score on the defense. Teams may be closer than everyone thinks. Alabama beat LSU pretty soundly, but LSU is probably overrated. They lost to Florida. If you have watched any Florida games this season, you know that they are not really a good football team regardless of ranking.
    This right here

Lawrence will get sacked a bunch by Notre Dame, Michigan, and Alabama.........alot more than BC did.

Right now Clemson is looking at playing 2 of those teams

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I look at it from another stand point. I think it was great that BC was able to blitz from the corners and give some trouble. That creates game film to learn and adjust to. I will bet the next team that does it will not be as successful. TL has improved as the year has gone on like most and I think this was a VERY VALUABLE learning experience for the playoff.
    Last edited by banded_mallard; 11-12-2018 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by banded_mallard View Post
    I look at it from another stand point. I think it was great that BC was able to blitz from the corners and give some trouble. That creates game film to learn and adjust to. I will bet the next team that does it will not be as successful. TL has improved as the year has gone on like most and I think this was a VERY VALUABLE learning Spencerian for the playoff.
    Depends on the team. Grown men will get home. BC DB's, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDUCK View Post
    No I was not. I just saying Tua ain't 5 times better than Trevor. Go take your fever and get a flu shot. You coming down with something
    Well Trevor isn’t even better than Jake Fromm right now.

Quote Originally Posted by wbrown609 View Post
    Lot of truth here, LSU is definitely overrated. If they had any kind of offense whatsoever their game with Bama would have been way closer. Notre Dame is all hype, VTech would have beat them if they hadn't been so busy beating themselves. Clemson is the only team out there that can take Bama. I'll gladly eat my crow and smile if I'm wrong, but what I've seen hasn't changed my mind thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Keep telling yourself that.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by SCswampCAT View Post
    Never said he was but now I will.