Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "new" handgun law

So, an 18 yr old thug can posses a hand gun without being required to show where or how he got it? Is this what the new law is stating? Also if they can't buy ammo whats the point? Is it illegal to give them ammo? As "CW" was saying, I HOPE this isn't the HOPE of what's to come.

I guess under your analysis there are no 21 year old thugs? SC has passed a law that allows 18 year olds to posess and own hand guns. I for one would have loved to see this happen a long time ago. I fished for a long time in the creeks and rivers in a one man boat having to carry a log gun for the snakes. More States need to get more aggressive with pro gun laws to protect our rights. In many ways this is the only way the States can protect the citizens from the restrictive Federal Laws that will tie everyone's hands if we let them. Just consider the Brady Bill, which prohibits felons from posessing firearms. The problem is what the States sometimes consider as misdemeanors, often will be viewed as felonies under the Brady Bill. The Fed's take the position that any crime that carries a possible sentence of more that one year is a felony. All I can say is the day is coming when the Feds interact with the States Hunting License process and there will be many less hunters. Congrats on your purchase DC.